Excited new Cummins owner wanting to delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Hello fellas I am new here so my apologies if I am breaking the forum code by jumping in here but I am at a complete loss... I feel like there is no right solution for me and me desires for tuning my truck. I wanna do a full delete I have already purchased a gaggle of hard parts including a cts2 with unlock cable here is where my problem begins.... Can I use this to switch efi live csp4 tunes? If not does smarty make a tuner for the 2016 with multipl tunes that the cts2 can switch??? I am so mixed up about what tuner is right for me and how to utilize my edge monitor or what I should do

Step 1: Unlock your ECM with the Edge.

Step 2: Load the EFI Live tune to ensure everything is in working order. You can drive it around for about 50 miles or so without messing up anything as long as you unplug the throttle valve. If you forget to unplug the throttle valve then the engine will act like it is not getting enough air since this valve is closing.

Step 3: Remove all emissions equipment. I would start up the truck again to ensure there are no codes. If there is, then you need to contact the person who you got your tuner from.

Step 4: Install all the parts that replace the emissions equipment. If you have an EGR delete kit, and one of the manifold plates is already tapped for an EGT thermocuople, then I would recommend you get Edge's thermocouple that you can plug unto your CTS2.

Step 5: Install the CSP4 switch and plug it into the OBD port.

Step 6: Plug in the Edge CTS2 on the other side of the CSP4 OBD plug in and find a place to keep it mounted (I recommend the pillar mount) and use it to monitor your gauges.

Step 7: Enjoy driving a tuned diesel.

Last edited: