Fab Fours Premium Rear Bumper Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I installed it last night. Started a 6:45, and finished at 11:24. It weighs at least 3x the stock bumper. There were 2 very difficult parts on the install. First was getting the trailer connector mounted in the bumper. There is a rolled lip on the truck side of the bumper, and you're dealing with 2 6mm nylock nuts under the roll and above the connector body. Ended up using some plastic clamps to hold the plug in place, and electrical tape for the nut. Second was getting the stupid reverse sensors plugged back in. There is about 1/2 the working room behind this bumper than stock. I could not get either of the plugs to snap back into the outside sensors while mounted in the bumper. I had to uninstall the sensors to use both hands to plug them in, and reinstall them while they were plugged. I tried to do the whole thing with the spare in place, but ended up needing to drop it to attach the trailer plug harness. Should have done that earlier to get the working room.
IMG_3733_zpscd43npgq.jpg
IMG_3732_zpsdv7ort98.jpg
IMG_3731_zpsm1e0jxfx.jpg

OP
OP
N

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Oh yeah. This has sent me of in a direction I never expected to go. I'll need new tires soon, so I I'll be doing black wheels at the same time. A black aftermarket front bumper will follow.

Last edited:

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Looks great!

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I never intended or wanted to do it. My fiancé let the truck roll back into a pole, and put a nasty dent in the stocker. However, I'm thinking about this for the front now:
Bull Bar Guard | Backwoods Bumpers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say go for it. You'll end up with more than just the bumper though... you'll have to get a winch... shackles... light bar... once you get one light bar you'll be getting more so it won't stop there.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Backwoods is the best brother... I won't ever buy a different bumper. I have front and tears sitting in the garage ready to go on the 15 Mega one of these days.
I like is that fab fours rear though, looks very nice.

OP
OP
N

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Backwoods is the best brother... I won't ever buy a different bumper. I have front and tears sitting in the garage ready to go on the 15 Mega one of these days.
I like is that fab fours rear though, looks very nice.

I hear you, I just wanted the steps in the corners. To be fair, I didn't call backwoods and ask if they could do it, but I also liked the look of the non-protruding shackle mounts on this one.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I completely understand. Don't have to sell me on it... My wife wanted one with the pocket steps too. But she was overruled even though it's her truck lol!

I like the exposed shackles, no good reason, they all work the same. At least you won't hear yours going over bumps when the bounce off the bumper. That does get old.
Either way, great looking bumper, Really changes the look of the truck. Now go get some wheels and tires! I abandoned my quest for 37's and went with the new ExoGrapplers. Only been on a few days but I'm in love. They bite so much better than the Terra's. And look better in my opinion. I highly recommend if you're looking for an all weather A/T.
9917A556-AA6E-45AC-ABC7-83E2AC7EBEAA_zpsxlxgt8f5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I completely understand. Don't have to sell me on it... My wife wanted one with the pocket steps too. But she was overruled even though it's her truck lol!

I like the exposed shackles, no good reason, they all work the same. At least you won't hear yours going over bumps when the bounce off the bumper. That does get old.
Either way, great looking bumper, Really changes the look of the truck. Now go get some wheels and tires! I abandoned my quest for 37's and went with the new ExoGrapplers. Only been on a few days but I'm in love. They bite so much better than the Terra's. And look better in my opinion. I highly recommend if you're looking for an all weather A/T.
9917A556-AA6E-45AC-ABC7-83E2AC7EBEAA_zpsxlxgt8f5.jpg

I like the look of those tires! I just need to find some wheel I'm love to convince myself to drop the coin.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I've got some factory blackouts... Lol!
Good luck on wheel choices, it's getting tough.

Steel Curtain

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm really liking that bumper. I've been looking at the Amp Step for the corner but this would give me the option on both sides. Might have to look into this instead