Floor Console Squeak Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I've got a 2015 2500 4x4 Tradesman which I've had for over a year now. Within the last month I've started noticing a squeak, like plastic on plastic, which I think might be from the floor console area. It happens when accelerating, braking, or going over bumps.

I was curious if anyone has had this issue and if so what you did to solve the problem? I've tried pressing on the console, hitting it, etc while I hear the squeaking noise but it doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
My center console squeaked last year, annoyed the hell out of me, it was one of the compartment doors, the locking mechanism and not the hinge (do not recall which compartment right now - upper or lower)....I added some lubricant to them & shimmed the latch, did both at the same time, so not 100% sure which one fixed the squeak, I am thinking the lubricant though.
The squeak only started when the cold weather set in last Fall....it was fine all Summer.

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Manual 4wd by chance?

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If yer squeak sounds like styrofoam food containers rubbing together it could be the 4wd shifter rubbing. Mine was/is. This motor's torque-y as all hell and I was surprised at how much it moved around. I just nudge it to the side a little when it acts up and that usually gets me through the drive.

OP
OP
Odin

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If yer squeak sounds like styrofoam food containers rubbing together it could be the 4wd shifter rubbing. Mine was/is. This motor's torque-y as all hell and I was surprised at how much it moved around. I just nudge it to the side a little when it acts up and that usually gets me through the drive.

That's exactly what it sounds like. I'll try that on my ride home tonight, hopefully it solves the problem.

River19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My Longhorn has the squeaking in the cold weather as well.....I will try the "lube the hinges" theory at some point. By the time I have had it with the squeak it is usually Spring and the warm weather seems to stop it.....

OP
OP
Odin

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

Reporting back...

So far it hasn't done it. However, I had to take a different approach. I tried just moving the 4wd shifter and that lasted a whole 10 minutes. I had to actually shift the shifter for it to stop. Did that Sunday morning and so far I havent had any issues!