Fog Lights/Driving Lights won't turn off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I discovered that when my lights switch is set to the parking lights icon (open O on switch) the fogs/driving lights also come on. I can't turn them off though (for any setting). There's a button on the dash with a picture of a headlight aiming down that illuminates the same icon in yellow on the dash screen. However pushing it does nothing to the lights at the front of the truck? Maybe I'm missing something.

Also confusing is that when i remote start the truck only the parking lights and clearance lamps are on...until i plug the key in and then the fogs/driving lights come on. This is annoying when sitting in a parking lot. Is there a way to just have truck running with only the parking/clearance lamps on (no fogs/driving lights)?

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Push the headlight switch in turns the fog lights on and off.... if they are set up like day time then I don't think you can shut them off.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The little yellow light (beam down) indicator on the dash is for your rear bed light.

Check for another foglight switch or look at the center of your headlight rotary switch as your style may be one of the integrated switches that when you push in the rotary, the foglights come on.

The default setup for remote start is the parking & clearance lights to be on.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^ what they said

OP
OP
RoadDog66

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah after i posted i thought the little yellow headlamp icon might be the bed light switch. There is an icon on the center round knob. I'll try that tomorrow, too exhausted from the trip home, unpacking and then getting honey-do'ed into planting a 12 foot evergreen tree in the backyard

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dang..tell the little woman not to work ya so hard! :)

OP
OP
RoadDog66

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
She's worth it most days .
:happy107:
Well i couldn't take it and went out and checked...it was a push of the center of the round knob. I feel so dumb :idiot:

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
No biggie... it happens.. got it figured out that's what counts.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
She's worth it most days .
:happy107:
Well i couldn't take it and went out and checked...it was a push of the center of the round knob. I feel so dumb :idiot:

I'm glad ya got that sorted out!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963