front bumper replacement with sensors (ranchhand style)???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know of a ranchhand style (not the crazy baja or thin metal style) front bumper replacement that allows factory front sensors to be used? I was going to purchase a ranchhand bumper but none of theirs support the factory front sensors. I've looked on multiple sites and saw a few, but would like some personal experience from actual owners. Thank you!

The truck is factory height and will retain factory wheels/tires (2017 Ram 2500 4x4)

lps72pp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
According to Ranch Hand's site, most of their HD Ram bumpers do accept sensors. Might want to do a little more digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

js1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to Ranch Hand's site, most of their HD Ram bumpers do accept sensors. Might want to do a little more digging.

Thank you! What started this was when I went to a local shop that sold ranch-hand bumpers and the guy told me that they didn't make them yet for my truck and then a internet bumper store I looked at said the the ranch-hand bumper wasn't sensor ready. I'm a idiot for not going to their actual site.

I went to the ranch-hand website and used their dealer locater and found one in stock at a local store. Gets installed on Monday!
Thanks again!

lps72pp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No problem at all! Glad I could help.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Thank you! What started this was when I went to a local shop that sold ranch-hand bumpers and the guy told me that they didn't make them yet for my truck and then a internet bumper store I looked at said the the ranch-hand bumper wasn't sensor ready. I'm a idiot for not going to their actual site.

I went to the ranch-hand website and used their dealer locater and found one in stock at a local store. Gets installed on Monday!
Thanks again!

Please post up pics once installed. Are you doing the rear bumper too?

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Bumper superstore
I have been looking at the one made by Steelcraft.

OP
OP
J

js1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please post up pics once installed. Are you doing the rear bumper too?

Gets put on tomorrow, I'll be sure and post a pic once installed. I'm just getting the front bumper at this time.

OP
OP
J

js1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got it installed, pictures are crappy but I love it!

*FYI*.... You may have to take your truck to the dealership to have the computer flashed to clear the parking sensor code after install (sometimes it throws a code when they disconnect for install to the new bumper). Shouldn't cost anything but we are talking about going to your local stealership.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 64

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Bumper superstore
I have been looking at the one made by Steelcraft.

Just an FYI, I had one of their brush/grill guards for my Ram 1500 several years ago....it was a POS. I'd never buy from them again just because of that product.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
That looks great! If I lived outside of SoCal I'd definitely have one on my truck.

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Since I posted this I am now eyeing the thunder struck front bumper. I tend to over research things before I buy. Like getting it right the first time.