general maintenance questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mike456

mike456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
i was reading the manual and i remember it stating 5gal DEF reservoir, i put 2.5 in and im full?

im suddenly going through DEF like its going out of style, anyone else experience this? and ive reduced my idle time by 75%

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
i was reading the manual and i remember it stating 5gal DEF reservoir, i put 2.5 in and im full?

im suddenly going through DEF like its going out of style, anyone else experience this? and ive reduced my idle time by 75%

Go to a truck stop and fill the DEF tank at the pump. You can put a lot of DEF in that tank and will stay on full for thousands of miles. Once it comes off fuel then it will go down fairly quickly.

OP
OP
mike456

mike456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
truck stop nozzle doesnt fit in the DEF receiver

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
truck stop nozzle doesnt fit in the DEF receiver

I know, right?! I hate, hate, hate having to use a GD funnel (sidenote, I thought it was odd when I noticed a funnel under the seat, then the first time I tried to fill the DEF, it clicked.)

OP
OP
mike456

mike456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
so that funnel locks onto the nozzle and lets the def flow through without overflowing and squirting back on me? for the love of god why not make a larger port so the nozzle can fit in, god bless america

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The first time I filled mine at a truck stop the entire def assembly fell through the quarter panel and was hanging down next to the ground.
I had to crawl under the truck and poke it back into its hole. Then go to the dealer so they could re-glue it. This also the last time using a pump to fill the tank.

OP
OP
mike456

mike456

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
the def tank takes 2.5 no problem, when i start to pour the second 2.5 in it overfilled and poured out the top, then slowly drained? did this several times