Getting ready for first trip to dealer for warranty work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need to have rear end looked at. I posted weeks ago about a whine coming from the rear end. It is noticeable at 48'ish to 52'ish and 62'ish to 66'ish and not really anywhere else. I do not believe it to be actually pinion related because it does it on both acel and decel in this speed ranges. It's not loud enough to hear with the windows down or with the radio and ac on full or anything, but it is there. Gut is it may be a bearing, or even tires..
I am contemplating waiting a month as If they NEED to tear into the rear end, and replace something I don't want to have to go through break in for the rear diff again while I still have one camping trip left with a trailer pull..
I bought from a dealer that got favorable ratings in their service department, I hope it holds up to be true, but I'm nervous about it.

I think I'll also have them look at the vibration at take off I get when giving it moderate throttle.. it's certainly not tranny related, nor engine related, I feel its axle wrap or the carrier bearing angle with the two piece drive shaft.

Just got back from a 5 hour pull to Huntington beach SC for CAMPING TRIP.. AVG 12.1 going down, and 11.6 coming home with speeds in the 65 range. Im tickled pink. thats an improvement of 1 MPG almost over the last trip down there about 5 weeks prior and I had more weight on.

Last edited:

whsk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Good Luck and keep us posted!