GM tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7510derrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
First of all, I don't have tow mirrors but I want some. GM knew what they were doing when they designed the new tow mirrors on the 2015's and up. They have the LED signals on the front and the white led backup lights.

When will Ram get the hint? I hardly doubt that anyone makes a kit so we can use those tow mirrors. Any ideas for something besides the stock Ram tow mirrors?

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
Ram did have the best tow mirrors, not anymore though, they are out dated.
The GM ones are really nice though.

OP
OP
7510derrick

7510derrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's about time for me to bite the bullet and buy tow mirrors but I just wish Ram would have changed / updated their mirrors on the 17's

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The ram mirrors are fine, all they need is the turn signal to stay lit (like Chevy and ford) and visible turn on the mirror from behind, not much else imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You guys think the gm tow mirrors are nicer? You guys gotta be out of your mind. With the two horizontal sticks holding the mirror in place is just ugly. Ram's mirror are by far the nicest opened and closed. Gm has reverse white lights on the mirror? Why the hell do u need reverse lights on a mirror? I don't know, GMs mirror don't look right. Doesnt fit the truck.

OP
OP
7510derrick

7510derrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yes, GM took the title from us. Their mirrors are the new winners

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 84

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No way, Ford has the best mirrors by far. Especially with the power extending

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope Ford has the best ones, GM has the fuglier looking version them. Ram and lights and power fold now so they have the same features but I wish they would update the design but it's ram so they have to do it differently.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Ford does have the best mirrors when it comes to visibility. I do like Ram's the best all around because they go back being a normal mirror instead of having elephant ears all the time.

I don't understand the need for a turn signal on the inside of the mirror. Isn't there an indicator on the dash telling you which turn signal is on? I had this on other trucks and never really saw the use in it other than to just say I had it.

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ford does have the best mirrors when it comes to visibility. I do like Ram's the best all around because they go back being a normal mirror instead of having elephant ears all the time.

I don't understand the need for a turn signal on the inside of the mirror. Isn't there an indicator on the dash telling you which turn signal is on? I had this on other trucks and never really saw the use in it other than to just say I had it.

It's also another marker light I think cause my F150 now has the one as a turn signal and the other as the marker light. I was going to order my new 1500 with tow mirrors but didn't when I found out they weren't power fold and I can just add them later so I get the power fold option.