Got her stuck good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SouthTexan

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Not to hijack the thread, but i really liked the look of the N-Fab but wasn't a fan of how most all steps in general hang from the sheet metal of the body.

My father installed a set of Tough Country steps on his dually as they were one of the few he found that had a flare out for the duals. Once i seen them and picked up on the fact they hang from the body mounts of the frame you better believe i ordered a set for mine...

No worries about hi-jacking the thread. I am not too concerned as others are about staying on topic. As long as we are having a civil conversation then it is no skin off my nuts.

As far as an update..... now I have a tractor and truck stuck in the mud. At least it is giving me something to do these days I have been off.

20160225_132710.jpg

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No worries about hi-jacking the thread. I am not too concerned as others are about staying on topic. As long as we are having a civil conversation then it is no skin off my nuts.

As far as an update..... now I have a tractor and truck stuck in the mud. At least it is giving me something to do these days I have been off.

View attachment 66911

That's the spirit!

Have a dozer around?

Boudreaux

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 2500 4x4
Engine
Man that sucks, I definately feel your pain. My place is mostly what we call black jack. Lots of clay so when it rains I can't get off my driveway without getting stuck or close to it

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
worth every penny

i carry 10 ft. of chain and 6 pieces of 3' rebar. lay the chain in a v and pound the rebar thru the links ,hook the winch cable to the point.works every time.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 128

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 66911

Looks like you've screwed the pooch man.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
SouthTexan

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Looks like you've screwed the pooch man.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Yeah, I think I am going to have to wait a few days for the ground to dry up. The tractor just about instantly got stuck. I am kind of surprised the truck made it into as far in that quicksand as it did.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i wonder if this would work to get your truck unstuck
[yt]Pj5y9jBZlUQ[/yt]
and maybe this might get the tractor unstuck
[yt]o7UzxrdEs8Y[/yt]

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
i carry 10 ft. of chain and 6 pieces of 3' rebar. lay the chain in a v and pound the rebar thru the links ,hook the winch cable to the point.works every time.

What bumper did you have before? Curious how you mounted the winch and if I can make it work on mine. Not sure if our bumpers are the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 133
OP
OP
SouthTexan

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
i wonder if this would work to get your truck unstuck

and maybe this might get the tractor unstuck

The problem is that the ground is just a rain soaked sandy soup with no real hard ground below for a board to gain traction from. This is partially due to the 5 inches of rain, and water tank (reservoir) that you see in the upper left corner of the first pick. The ground is almost like quick sand and if you stepped on it then your foot would start to sink and it gets worse the deeper you go so the board will just go right through it like a spoon though a pot of soup. Trust me, we tried. If the sand mud gets a little drierr then it will work which is why we are waiting. Thanks for the vids though.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
it should still work tho. the wood acts as a scoop or a large tire tread and should help move the truck a small bit at a time no matter how muddy it is.
[yt]cANtyjDS12s[/yt]

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Vertical extraction by Chinook.

AIR_CH-47Ds_Lifting_HMMWVs_lg.jpg

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
What bumper did you have before? Curious how you mounted the winch and if I can make it work on mine. Not sure if our bumpers are the same.

stock heavy duty ram bumper.i installed a hitch receiver that attaches to the tow hook mounting points with m 12 bolts. i think it's rated for around 9k lbs.then welded a winch plate to an 18" receiver extension.and in case you think it won't hold,last week i pulled a 4 ton log out of my buddies pond and up a hill. :).the weakest point of any winch system is the ****** little mounting bolts the winches come with.the bottom hitch is a curt,and i think the top winch one is a draw tite.

Last edited:

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Ahh the good ol' 4430. John Deere's flagship tractor back in the 70's. Every farmer that had a decent amount of land had one of those when I was a kid back in Iowa.

My dad still has one for a chore tractor. It's on its 3rd engine rebuild and first trans rebuild and still kicking with over 20,000 hours. Dad has a pile of junk tachs in the corner of the shop to prove it lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 66911

So what is your favorite type of cheese? I said earlier that my favorite was sharp cheddar. What is your favorite? you never answered the question.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
All seasons will clog and not clean, resulting in stuck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SouthTexan

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
All seasons will clog and not clean, resulting in stuck.

My tires were Nitto Trail Grappler mud terrain tires, not all seasons.

The main reason I got suck was because that area was soaked due to the water tank over flowing from all the rain. When I got out of my truck, my footsteps were bringing up water which tells me the ground was soaked good. My second mistake(after even attempting to go through it) was when I forgot to turn off traction control amd it stopped my momentum by cutting engine power. By the time I reached over to turn it off it was too late. The shame is that I only had another 10 ft to go and I would have been out of it.

Oh well, it was fun for me and the owner of the wrecker company that got me out owed me a favor anyways. He pulled it out with an Ford F-650 flat that had a Cummins 6.7L in it. He just winched from 30 yards away(any closer and he would have gotten stuck) and it came out easy with no damage.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is a better pic of how low they hang (when she isn't stuck).

View attachment 66879

I would prefer not to have any steps since I am more than tall enough to get in the truck without them, but the wife complained about the height of the truck without them so I got them as a "gift" for Christmas two years ago. I guess my wife did not like my joking response of "It keeps the short and fat girls out of my truck so make sure you don't get that way." when she asked me if I was getting steps.

After that comment I was wondering how living in your truck was going????
:favorites13:
Jay

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
Nice. It's like a normal day for me in the Oilfield when I'm surveying