HD Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Where in Washington are you located. I'm near Vancouver.

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to do it with the Autel tool. It is a night and day difference in ride quality!! I now have 55 front and 50 rear and no lights!

Sooo much better !

InvictusII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I just got my TPMS Settings changed with the Autel. So much nicer not seeing that light and the ding every time I start the truck!

lanceb1b

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the Dallas area. Anyone have the Autel in my area?

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was able to confirm first hand that the FCA techs are locked out of the second module function to reset the rear PSI on a 2017.

I guess it's Autel time for me!

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Let me know when your going to get that done. A member here on the Forum can do this but is located in the Tacoma area.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I knew there was a member up there who has the Autel tool. That's who I am looking for. I see a road trip to Tacoma in my future.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
ahh...I see it is jwheeler.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Probably a long shot but if anyone in Washington needs the programming done, I can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck, I'll come to Tacoma!

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well give me a holler and we can get it set up and go at the same time then. I think he was telling me 50.00. Not bad.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Send a PM to BPMPVET - he has a unit he'll loan out for a reasonable fee to get the job done. Just did my '15 Tradesman, and it worked great.

es

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm in Central Florida and I finally took the plunge and bought the Autel unit to fix this. I am willing to do it on others trucks at my Golf Cart Shop for a moderate fee.

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I found the fix for my 2015 last week!! I'm running 37's and so of course every since I've tried everything to get rid of the tpms error light telling me to air my tires up to 80psi which is ridiculous even with the stock tires!

I set my bullydog tuner which allows me to change the settings to 65psi which changes it on the evic to say air tires up to 65psi. But the error didn't actually go away. unhooked both batteries for an hour and still did not reset.

Meanwhile I had a separate issue on my truck and had to unhook my batteries for a full night. About 14 hours. Low and behold after being unhooked that long when I fixed my truck and hooked the batteries back up the error never came back. Its been almost 2 weeks!!!

So it seems once you change tire pressure settings with the bullydog to whatever you want then leave both batteries disconnected a whole night it resets to what the bullydog settings are?!

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'd love this fix on my truck, too. Anyone out there between St. Louis and Chicago able to do this?

es

I'm near St. Louis if you still need this done. I live in Arnold, MO and I work near Fairview Heights, IL.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
I'm in Central Florida and I finally took the plunge and bought the Autel unit to fix this. I am willing to do it on others trucks at my Golf Cart Shop for a moderate fee.

Where at in Central Florida? Ocala here.

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
For updated info, everyone should check out post #1. I supplied MADDOG with the info I posted at Cumminsforum and he was nice enough to add it here.

Jdom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bought a new 2017 2500 cummins a few weeks ago and the dealer had inflated the tires to 80-85psi cold with nitrogen. When driving on the highway they would heat up to 90psi. This being my first HD RAM truck I didn't think much of it until I went over a local pass at 6500 feet elevation and shortly after the TPMS light went off. I flipped the screen over to the tire pressures and they were at 81-82-83-84 front to rear. I couldn't think of a reason the TPMS light was chiming. That got me thinking of what the proper pressure should actually be. When I got home I checked the door and saw 60/80 so I set it at 60/70 and no light or chimes but only drove it a short distance after the change. This isn't my daily driver so maybe it will come on later?...

Well anyways... After doing some research I ended up here. The tires are what came with the truck, Firestone Transforce HT. What is ideal for these tires? Right now I only pull a 12k dump but I don't load it to the max either.

Status
Not open for further replies.