Help with carli track bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm adjusting my carli adjustable track bar. Do I measure the front side of the bar or back? I'm getting two different measurements. Thanks.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Measure from center to center of the bolt holes. Should be the same on both sides...

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
If you're just trying to compensate for a leveling kit, just go about 1.25" longer than the factory trac bar. It's a good starting point. Is the Carli bar double adjustable? If so, just throw it on and adjust til it looks centered.

rankhornjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hypotenuse of a right triangle

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're just trying to compensate for a leveling kit, just go about 1.25" longer than the factory trac bar. It's a good starting point. Is the Carli bar double adjustable? If so, just throw it on and adjust til it looks centered.

Single Adjustable. When I have installed them I like to take a plumb-bob at the center of the frame and measure side to side to center it and cycle the suspension to dial it in with the compression stroke and droop to get all 3 close to each other

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Hard to cycle a solid axle without pulling the coils. Not worth the effort, besides, these trucks only have 5-6" usable travel if you're lucky. They're not rock crawlers.
My pure performance bar had a starting point, it's only single adjustable also. I'll look up the measurement when I get home if he hasnt already figured it out.

What I did was put a strip of masking tape on the top of the tires from the center to the outside edge and marked it in 1/8" increments. (One spin of the heim is about 1/8" so you can't get too fine with it) As I adjusted the bar I put a straight edge on the fender down to the tire until I hit the same marks on both sides.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got it. I first measured the new track bar and installed it. The front diff moved too far over to the passenger side. I took a few adjustments, mainly eyeing it, to get it centered. and getting the holes to line was super easy. just a turn the steering wheel and you'll see the body/frame over side to side over the differential. Thank you guys.