How far of is your EVIC fuel mileage?

How far off is your EVIC?

• My EVIC is always +/- .5 mpg off compared to my hand calculations.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • My EVIC is always +/- 1-2 mpg off compared to my hand calculations.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • My EVIC is always +/- 2 or more off mpg compared to my hand calculations.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
My EVIC fuel mileage consistently shows 2 mpg greater than my hand calculations while others say it is dead on. I am just wondering how many are off like mine because I am planning on using this info when I speak to a Ram representative about it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

***Mods, can you change the title to say "How far off is your EVIC fuel mileage."

Last edited:

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My EVIC fuel mileage consistently shows 2 mpg greater than my hand calculations while others say it is dead on. I am just wondering how many are off like mine because I am planning on using this info when I speak to a Ram representative about it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

***Mods, can you change the title to say "How far off is your EVIC fuel mileage."
Mine (2013 V8 4x4 CC 8speed 3.21) is 1/2 to 1 1/2 mpg off for the most part. Fuelly in my signature.

When I put Hess 89 octane in my truck my EVIC was about 2 mpg off. I switch to Mobil and I am seeing more consistent mpg's closer to the EVIC.

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My EVIC reads 0.804 higher than my calculated MPG. This is based on the average over the past 27 months.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine is off by 2mpg. From the first trip I took with it, to driving around in the city. It's always optemistic by 2 lol.
I just wish I could actually achieve the mpg it says I'm getting!

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Consistently off by 1.5 to 2 mpg. I'd really like my mpg to come up to meet the Lie-O-Meter LOL

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Mine is pretty close. It's usually 1/2 MPG better than my hand calculations.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There have been a quite few threads about "the EVIC" being off, so I'm curious what do you refer to as "the EVIC" ? The MPG shown in the trip display or the fuel economy screen ? The two can differ quite a bit based on how they are calculated.

OP
OP
SouthTexan

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Thanks for the replies everybody.

Although I find it of that if you go into the 6.4L mileage thread and some of the mileage threads, there are at least 10 to 15 people who have stated their EVIC was off by at least 1-2 mpg .

Last edited:
OP
OP
SouthTexan

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
There have been a quite few threads about "the EVIC" being off, so I'm curious what do you refer to as "the EVIC" ? The MPG shown in the trip display or the fuel economy screen ? The two can differ quite a bit based on how they are calculated.

Yes I am referring to the EVIC screen that shows the mileage. I record every fill up on my android app to keep track of expenses. I also the EVIC fuel mileage read out at every full up as well. I also have one of my trip computers that has been recording my average fuel mileage since I got the truck. Both my average fuel mileage and tank to tank EVIC fuel mileage readouts are off by 2 mpg.

I would expect this in older trucks because I have friends in older 2000-2007 Rams and they are all off by 3 to 6 mpg. My old 2011 F150 was always no more than .5 off, and so was everybody in the forums. My wife's Infiniti is always up to .5 away and so has all the other other vehicles she owned (she goes through a lot of vehicles because another one catches her eye). I guess I am just expecting too much for a 65k vehicle to be at least 1 mpg from my actual.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I guess I am just expecting too much for a 65k vehicle to be at least 1 mpg from my actual.

I'm with you there. If you are going to design a "feature" into a vehicle it should actually work correctly, not just exist so it can be touted in a brochure.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
My EVIC appears to read about 1 to 1.5 more than actual. That said, had a real strange thing happen the other day. Stopped for fuel and accidentally pushed the 91 rather than the midgrade. As not much difference in price, decided to fill with it. Had just under 1/2 tank of 89 so didn't get close to having an actual 91 fuel. Pulled out and reset the trip odometer. When I got up to hi way speed, approx. 55, looked down to the mpg estimater and it was steadily climbing and went to 19.2 when I finally pulled off the hi way. Was really wondering what had just happened as about 17 was the best I've ever gotten. Of course, no luck, went about another mile toward home where I generally run about 50 to 55 and have a steady climb of about 5% for 8 miles. Then, wouldn't you know it, ran into a "cattle drive" going up the road. Lol So, after following for about a mile and at about 2 mph, now was down to 14. Then dropped off to about 12 after making the climb up the hill. Went back to town the following day, and never got anywhere near that. About 16 at best. Pretty much usual. Really strange???

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My last tank was 17.5 peripheral evic but it hand calculated to 15.4. My fusion was always off by 2 miles per gallon no matter what, if it read 35 you got 33, it was like that for 60k miles, so for the 3 chrysler products I have owned seem like they are programmed by hormonal 14 year old girls, one tank it is high, the next it is low. I can deal with it if it is consistently off by the same amount, but I was really impressed with 17.5 for averaging 75 mph and then to find out it was only 15.4 was a kick in the nuts.