How Many Miles on you 6.4 Hemi??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering how long these motors will run.....

How many miles and what problems, if any, have you encountered????

Mine is a 2016 with 7,500 miles and absolutely no issues!

dmillar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Wondering how long these motors will run.....

How many miles and what problems, if any, have you encountered????

Mine is a 2016 with 7,500 miles and absolutely no issues!

2016 with just over 12,000 miles. Had a transmission issue right from the beginning where it wouldn't engage immediately when starting cold. Ended up being a transmission filter put in wrong or not all the way, or something, from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Mine is a 2014 with 18500 miles, only issue so far is I smell antifreeze every once in awhile dealer claims there is no issue? Really it's not normal

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2014 with 51K. The engine has been perfect. Tranny blew under pretty much zero load @ 38K and was fixed under warranty. Otherwise, nothing much to say. It's overall a great truck and a really great value compared to the competition. The engine is limited by some unfortunate shift points with the tranny and often feels as though it has a lot more to offer. Even with that said, if you catch it right the 410HP/430torque is a beast.

Reactions: U&A

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
2015 with 33000 miles. Had an evap canister and evap purge solenoid go bad around 31000 miles. Unrelated to the motor but the blower motor went bad around 18000 miles and a TPMS sensor was replaced around 5000 miles. Everything fixed under warranty.

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
2014 just hit 40,000 on mon. Bought new and only issues was a fuel tank pressure sensor second day I owned it and a fuel cap around 15,000.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
2015 bought in Jan of 2016, 16,800 on it now. No real issues other than 3 out of 4 TPMS sensors failed 1 week after I took it home, fixed under warranty. Every now and then the fan clutch doesn't "break loose" and a squirt of WD-40 fixes that, only happens if I don't drive it for a few days straight. Very happy so far with it but I should have done a touch more research before I committed to the 3.73 instead of the 4.10. I will change that in the future. All in all I'm happy with the purchase and with the lifetime warranty it'll be in the family for a LONG time.

Omotose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
1240 so far. Love it! Plenty of power.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hly Bajeebus.. I'm 1/2 scared after reading this! Seems the engine is bullet proof but the rest of the truck ***** itself around it!

165 miles so far - no problems! :naughty:

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hly Bajeebus.. I'm 1/2 scared after reading this! Seems the engine is bullet proof but the rest of the truck ***** itself around it!

165 miles so far - no problems! :naughty:

Lol don't sweat the small stuff. There's been a few of us have some issues but after hanging out here for a couple years it seems for the most part the trucks are pretty darn solid. I don't often see them in the service bays at my local dealers either.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
56K. Bought in February 2014

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
2014, 72k miles. Only engine problem was a squealing water pump under 10k miles...warranty replaced.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
my 2016 has right at 10K now. Only issues so far was a squeaky spare tire rubbing the exhaust shield and once in a while my fan clutch doesn't want to disengage quick enough.

I love my truck. Plan on having it a long time. It is the nicest, best all around truck I've had for my needs, and that includes my diesels I had.

15BlueStreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I have a little over 9k on my 2015 that was purchased in september of 2015. Yeah its a cream puff. Like others have said I bought this truck for its complete package. I came from a Ford truck. The only thing I do not like about it is the tranny gearing but it rarely comes into play. My problem is I keep looking at trucks after I buy and think did I make the right decision? And i am contemplating trading up in about 6 months. Do i need to? No! I will most likely bite the bullet and purchase the lifetime warranty and whoop on it till it falls apart unless I really feel it does not perform the way I like. Our Tennessee trip with the camper in June will be my deciding factor. We are heading down to Anchor Down RV resort with a friend. If trip goes well truck stays. I am hoping for the best. I really do not want to start over on a loan again. Oh and zero issues. No antifreeze smell or anything. Only one oil change so far! That is a plus for sure. Will be getting changed in april with another dose of Amsoil and an amsoil filter this time. :favorites13:

Nathan

Last edited:

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
1 year old today, 17,400 miles. Not the first problem..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
39,000 miles and no problems yet. Except for the crappy factory tires. Those were replaced a while ago. I get the antifreeze smell every now and then too.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've got a 2016 tradesman cc bought with 9 miles now have 26k miles not one problem, had a 2014 bighorn mc bought with 44 miles and had lots of issues, new rear end within 1st month, cruise control never worked right, the pipe that the transmission dipstick goes into snapped in half that no one could ever figure out how the f, had a squealing noise that came and went durring times under the hood, every time dealership did a flash the 8.4 radio would always be screwed up turning off and on, flipping from xm to radio by itself, power mirrors would be loose then sturdy at times, key fobs went dead after a flash had to get replaced, there's lots more don't remember all just remember it was a big electronical problem and I traded it n at 78k miles, very happy with the tradesman I've got now hardly no electronics from factory and love it.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a little over 9k on my 2015 that was purchased in september of 2015. Yeah its a cream puff. Like others have said I bought this truck for its complete package. I came from a Ford truck. The only thing I do not like about it is the tranny gearing but it rarely comes into play. My problem is I keep looking at trucks after I buy and think did I make the right decision? And i am contemplating trading up in about 6 months. Do i need to? No! I will most likely bite the bullet and purchase the lifetime warranty and whoop on it till it falls apart unless I really feel it does not perform the way I like. Our Tennessee trip with the camper in June will be my deciding factor. We are heading down to Anchor Down RV resort with a friend. If trip goes well truck stays. I am hoping for the best. I really do not want to start over on a loan again. Oh and zero issues. No antifreeze smell or anything. Only one oil change so far! That is a plus for sure. Will be getting changed in april with another dose of Amsoil and an amsoil filter this time. :favorites13:

Nathan

I'm tempted by a Cummins 3500 about once a month, but then I realize my truck is the best kind…
The paid for kind.