Interesting find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j75949

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Today I played around in my trucks programming with a factory level tool, after reading a post about changing tpms values I was able to confirm that at least with my version,the value in the rf module could not be changed. But while checking the bcm I noticed the pressure value was set for 28 psi. This was odd, so i let some air out a tire and was surprised when at 64 psi the light came on and the cluster showed 64 psi but stated i needed to inflate my tire 28 psi. How crazy is that? I wonder who if anybody was programming that day. I also discovered my tire size was programmed incorrectly, it was set for 245/70/17, that is about 9% smaller than the 285/65/20 factory installed. I had not checked my speedo until after i changed ot but now it is spot on so hopefully i will see a little change in mpg. Long story but i guess the point is these guys need to get there programming together