Kanati MUD HOGS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
Finally got a chance to get the tires mounted on the truck...Initial observations are no different than the other 30 MT type tires ive had on various other HD trucks ive owned over the past several years. 40* temps today in Wi, so yes you will FEEL the tire have some vibration...Tire sound is slightly LESS than the other Pep Boys version of Cooper MT's I mentioned previously, mostly due to the other HD trucks ive owned were Crew Cab Duallys, 6 tires are louder than 4...

Attachments

• DSC08647.jpg
    DSC08647.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC08648.jpg
    DSC08648.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC08646.jpg
    DSC08646.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 240

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
They look great. Have to keep us updated how they wear or other issues

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
They look great. Have to keep us updated how they wear or other issues

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They will only be on the truck for the snowplowing season...Sometime in April the TransJunk will go back on. We will see how they compare long term to the other tires ive had...25k-30k and they more than likely will be all used up...Yesterday I set the Trip B on the EVIC so I can monitor the mileage this winter...

One other minor rant I have to address...I wont mention which local tire shop I had do the R&R...All I can say is that the Tech and Shop owner should be ashamed at the unprofessional job they did...The rims were in perfectly clean condition when I brought it in...When I got it back after the tire swap, the grease and bead sealer that was left smeared on my rims was really nasty...No I did not complain to the owner, I just went home and cleaned it myself...I should have known by looking at the toothless maggot tech who did the swap that the job was going to shabby...Just goes to show that some of these punk ass minimum wage milenials don't respect others property or care about doing their job with some professional ethics...RANT OVER...

Last edited:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on my second set of these tires. Put 12k on the set on my ram 1500 before selling it and now have 35x12.5 17 on my powerstroke. We will see how they hold up to the additional weight of the bigger truck. They still had tons of tread left when I sold the truck. Was thinking about the atturo mt's but heard of some issues with them so gave the mud hogs another go.
21b4dd8b95efc11f25e4c8816e0fc86d.jpg

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
UPDATE... We had our first snow of the season yesterday here in So. Wi...4-5" of heavy wet "HEART ATTACK SNOW"...Last years first snowfall was the same type snow, but slightly more (6-7")...That was the first plow using the new truck and it was EXTREMELY DISAPOINTING how the truck performed with those Transjunk tires...They could hardly push the snow without starting to spin no matter what I did...The combination of ALL the essential components to be a REAL plow truck just are NOT this Rams strong suit...Like wrong gear...Tranny shift point from 1st to 2nd...ect...ect...Anyways...Yesterdays plow with these new tires made this truck feel like ALL my old CHEVY plow trucks...Not once did these tires break loose...And just for ****Z N GRINZ I did 50-60% of the plowing in 2wd...I'm glad I made the investment...BUT...FCA should be ashamed they put those Firestones on THEIR plow trucks.............

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
UPDATE... We had our first snow of the season yesterday here in So. Wi...4-5" of heavy wet "HEART ATTACK SNOW"...Last years first snowfall was the same type snow, but slightly more (6-7")...That was the first plow using the new truck and it was EXTREMELY DISAPOINTING how the truck performed with those Transjunk tires...They could hardly push the snow without starting to spin no matter what I did...The combination of ALL the essential components to be a REAL plow truck just are NOT this Rams strong suit...Like wrong gear...Tranny shift point from 1st to 2nd...ect...ect...Anyways...Yesterdays plow with these new tires made this truck feel like ALL my old CHEVY plow trucks...Not once did these tires break loose...And just for ****Z N GRINZ I did 50-60% of the plowing in 2wd...I'm glad I made the investment...BUT...FCA should be ashamed they put those Firestones on THEIR plow trucks.............

I'm wondering, do you have Mud Hogs or Trail Hogs? The Trail Hogs have the snow peak rating and are the ones I'm thinking of getting for the Minnesota winters. But, if you're saying the Mud Hogs do that great in the snow maybe I'll get those instead.

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
I'm wondering, do you have Mud Hogs or Trail Hogs? The Trail Hogs have the snow peak rating and are the ones I'm thinking of getting for the Minnesota winters. But, if you're saying the Mud Hogs do that great in the snow maybe I'll get those instead.

Their Mud Hogs...

I really like how these tires react when braking while I'm plowing...The ABS sensor has NOT engaged the brake pedal modulator yet...Last year those TRANSJUNK would slip/slide so bad the pedal was modulating constantly unless I really slowed the pace down...5 plows so far this season already...MPG...LOL...4.7-4.9

Last edited:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Would you say they...murder the snow?

191316_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
UPDATE...

One issue to keep an eye on...I run the 275-70-18 Kanati MUD HOGS...Those are the spec tire size for my 2500...A few weeks ago I did a 350 mile roundtrip to a snowmobile race in No.Wi...Air temps were 30*-40*... cruise control was set @ 72 mph both ways...Tire pressures were set @ spec 60# front/ 80# rear...On the return trip home I checked the tire# on the evic and was SURPRISED to see all 4 tire pressures had increased by 8#...Too much for my liking with air temps only in the 30-40 range...

OP
OP
SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015...2500H.D.
Engine
End of season UPDATE...Did the tire swap yesterday back to the TRANSJUNK for the spring thru fall seasons...Total miles this winter was 3500 on the Mud Hogs...The tire wear was very good considering the truck has a 700# plow hanging on the front and 2-3000# of salt and spreader in the bed...