Karma and a tow strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CatDaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Played some golf and afterwards having a cold Shiner a guy walks up and says "You guys know somebody with a truck??" Homes has dropped the front end of his car in a ditch that looked like a puddle. Wife and 3 daughters in the car.
"Yes I do says" my buddy.
We hooked up the tow strap and I put the truck in drive, let off the brakes and Presto!! They were so great full, all I could do is tell homes it was no problems. Best fun I've had in a while.

I have always kept that strap in case I needed a tow. This was the first time Ive done the towing.

Momma will be happy tonight lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yeah, a tow strap helps the owner as well as others. I always carry mine in my truck.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
I have two tow/recovery straps, I keep them in one of these))))))

Attachments

• 12-31-16 box 3.jpg
    12-31-16 box 3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 128

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i have a couple as well,under my rear seat bin with a couple snatch blocks,gloves,d rings, winch controller and a piece of broomstick i use as a dog bone.handy stuff.

OP
OP
C

CatDaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a couple as well,under my rear seat bin with a couple snatch blocks,gloves,d rings, winch controller and a piece of broomstick i use as a dog bone.handy stuff.

That's a good list. I plan on spending time on PINS so I'll need to get set up for sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Please guys, don't use a tow strap as a recovery strap, there is a difference.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Please guys, don't use a tow strap as a recovery strap, there is a difference.

I have a recovery strap. I am lazy and type "tow" rather than "recovery." It's a 4"x30' 10,000lbs strap. Works great for pulling out GM's and Blue Ovals.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
What do you recommend?
There are tons of tow and recovery straps on the market today.
Just figure out what is best for your use.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a reason the "tow straps" are not legal to recover a car everywhere else in the world. Seriously they outlawed using them they are that dangerous.
I have this one 1 Inch Heavy Duty Synthetic Kinetic Recovery Rope | ASR Offroad

There are many out there, google kinetic recovery rope. If you have every pulled someone out with a strap, then you use one of these your life of pulling people out will change drastically. They use weight and inertia for you instead of a quick snap, they stretch then pull.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I have to spend $150 to buy gear to pull other people out? Well, looks like they're going to be digging I guess.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
BUT, what if you get stuck and need pulled out?
You will have all you need.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have to spend $150 to buy gear to pull other people out? Well, looks like they're going to be digging I guess.

I didnt buy it for them, I bought it for me. If Im getting pulled out I dont want some novice just yanking my truck and hope it doesnt pop, Ive seen those firsthand and they are nasty.

Its insurance for you, the people you pull, and anyone in the area if they break.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
BUT, what if you get stuck and need pulled out?
You will have all you need.

I have plenty of recovery gear to get myself out. You don't need a dynamic strap when you aren't multiplying force factors. There are a whole host of alternatives to hooking up to moving vehicles.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Its insurance for you...

It's not actually. If you want me to get a running start to rip you out, you're going to waive liability before I even consider hooking up. At that point, it's up to you to decide if the risk of damage to your vehicle out weighs the cost of a professional recovery service (if it's even available). If I think there is a risk of damage to my vehicle I'm not hooking up. I've been down this road (no pun intended) before.

River19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I hand the tow strap to the owner of stuck vehicle with these explicit instructions:

"Attach this to whatever part of your car you want following me up the road......you hook it on a bumper, I will pull your bumper up the road......choose wisely"

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i use lifting straps i get from work after they expire.i never use them to pull anything.they get used to anchor me to a tree or another truck while i winch.that's why i have a couple.i never use recovery straps or rope.