Keep your EVIC from changing screens when running lower tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zflat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I posted this in the TPMS sticky, but wanted to make sure people got eyes on it. Hopefully this works for everyone and it's not just my truck being goofy.

Haven't seen this mentioned before, but I think I may have stumbled on slight work around for those of us who don't have access to the correct tuner to lower the threshold. This will not turn off the orange TPMS light, it does seem however to keep your EVIC from changing to the tire pressure screen. It should be noted I have a 16 2500 Tradesman with the base display.

Simply set your parking brake before turning off the ignition. When you start your truck back up give it about 10 seconds. It will notify you on the EVIC that your parking brake is engaged. Wait until it dings once and the display goes away. Bam! When you put the truck in drive it's stays on the same screen as before (fuel economy for me).

Now, I guess it just depends on which is cheaper to replace in the long run: your steering wheel buttons or your parking brake

I've only done this 3 times after accidentally discovering it while parked on a hill this morning. Hope it works for everyone. I don't mind the orange light, it's constantly changing the screen that grinds my gears.

Soldier of The Law

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried it this AM with success. You don't have to engage the brake before shutting off the ignition tho. I depressed it just enough to trip the sensor, started it up, got the parking brake warning, released it and rolled.

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Now, I guess it just depends on which is cheaper to replace in the long run: your steering wheel buttons or your parking brake

Using your parking break actually makes it less likely to need replacing. The folks who never use it will find it eventually seized especially if they live in an area with road salt. Best way to keep it in operating condition is to use it regularly.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I don’t have this issue! 45psi front, and 40 on the rear! No light. Or messages..... 3500 FTW!!! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Reason alone to buy the 3500 over a 2500 [emoji41][emoji106]
f7c8363dd25f291c38dd827c19e3627c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
No doubt. I do hate that the rear warning comes on at 64psi. Very irritating. It should be at 45 psi or something like that.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that later today.