Leveling 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am about to level my 2017 2500 6.4 4x4. I purchased the Hell Bent Steel 2" spacers and the shock extenders. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on a particular brand track bar? I'm leaning towards the Pure Performance adjustable because it's about $50-100 cheaper than competitors, and reading the construction of the bar, it appears to be the same quality as the more expensive ones (Thuren, Carli, ex...). Also, I know I have to recenter the steering wheel, but it is absolutely necessary to adjust the caster on just 2" of lift? Doing all the work is no problem, for I am a mechanic, but i do not have and alignment rack, so i would have to send it down the street for an alignment.

Thanks

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven't heard of pure performance. I went with Carli. Either go with Carli or Thuren. Spend the extra 50-100 and get something that you know is good quality.

Recentering the steering wheel isn't hard at all, I adjusted mine on the road with large monkey wrench. kept pulling over and adjusting until it was dead center.

I took my truck to an alignment shop after I did my 2inch. they didn't have to touch anything.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thuren makes great products, that would be my recommendation. Don Thuren is super helpful and willing to make sure you are setup correctly. We just signed up with Thuren recently so if you need anything let me know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pure performance one is probably very comparable to the carli/thuren. How ever with the thuren if you tell them what u are doing they will send it to you already set up and ready to go I belive. I would spend the money getting it centered and aligned.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
+1 on the Thuren. I've had one on my truck for over 20k now and no issue whatsoever.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
My dealership will throw your truck on a alignment jig real quick when your in the service drive. I had some recalls being done and it was perfect.

I did my Thuren Springs, didn't want to use spacers.. and took it back and it was off a bit.

Had my buddy at that dealership do the alignment for me on the weekend.

You will have a little adjustment needed. Trackbar really ISN'T needed for a 2", but anything over that I would.

Adjusting the drag link is easy, do that yourself and then get an alignment. They will center it for you.. if you're off a bit.. but makes driving it easier.

OP
OP
D

Dodge4x4810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know that i do not technically need an adjustable track bar. I would just like to get one because ill have my truck for a long time, it still has just under 5,000 miles on it. Also, I went with the spacers instead of the coils, because I will be plowing with this truck. I have heard that the aftermarket coils do not handle the weight like the stock ones. Also, when you guys say to tell Thuren exactly what i am doing, do you mean call them and order directly from them?

thanks

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Send Don a Email message. They respond fairly quick.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
IF you email Don and or Arron at Thuren, they might be able to help you with a custom coil for the set up you need. I actually know the guys and they will pretty much help anyone out.

[email protected]
Tell them Mike from DTX sent ya.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf