leveling my 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, looking to level my truck for now. I have been considering thuren 2" soft ride springs. But is it worth th$700 for springs, shocks and adjustable track bar? Or would I be better off running daystar leveling spacers with daystar scorpion shocks, and us the savings to buy other performance equipment? Or if there are other good options I can look at?

Eric Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 2500 SLT 4x2
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
With only a 2" front lift, the trac bar is not necessary, so that will cut your cost in half. The Thuren coils are very nice. As for shocks, I wasnt impressed with Thuren's white body Overland shocks, so I would save your money on those as well. Try running the springs with your factory shocks first, and if you feel you are maxing them out, then start looking into better shocks. Unless you plan to go offroad often with your swaybar disconnected, I doubt you will max out the factory shocks.

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thabks for the information. Hemi450hp, what was it about the overland shocks that you weren't impressed about? As far as the trac bar wouldn't the front end not lineup correctly? Or does the stock one have enough adjustability built into it?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
With only 2" up front, you "should" be OK. There are many guys running cheap spacers with the factory trac bar without problems. As for the shocks, they just didnt ride very nice on the street. They wrent bad offroad, but I wanted a better ride than they had to offer on the road.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I've been running a 2" HBS level for almost 35k miles now without any problems
The axle is slightly off center to the drivers side, no death wobble at 2" and the only time you can tell is when the tire is stuffed at full turn into the drivers side wheel well the is a little bit of rubbing on the lower fender near the door

I ran the stock shocks for about 10k miles and replaced them with +2" pro comp es9000 shocks and there seemed to be a much better ride with the longer shocks although it may have been that they just needed replaced and the spacers just exaggerated it.

Try a pair of springs with the stock shocks, if you aren't happy with the ride then changing the front shocks is really simple to do

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. Hemi450Hp, do you feel the thuren's are to soft? I have heard the 5100's are a little stiffer in road than the overlands.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I like the feel of the Thuren coils. I am running his 3" though, so I dont know if there is a difference in spring rates between the 2" and 3". As for shocks, thie 5100's and Overlands are basically the same shock in a different package. I ran 5100's on my 07 and Overlands on my 2010, and they both had the same feel both on and off road.

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help. These will be a temporary shock package until I can get some fox or king shocks.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
How soon are you looking to pull the trigger on this, and how far do you want to take your suspension? I am considering stepping down to a 4th gen hemi, and if I do, I will have alot of great suspension parts up for sale including my Carli Bilstein 5160 resi shocks.

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. No time frame I am planner and want to make sure to do the right thing. What kind of time frame are you on? One day maybe a six inch Carli but that is a little way donw the road. Carli 3" is what I started looking at. Want to keep with my 34" tires for now.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I am looking at trucks as we speak. If I find one cheap enough to justify the downgrade, then I am going to jump on it.

My setp consists of the following...

3" Thuren Coils
Thuren Control Arms
Thuren Trac Bar
Carli Deaver full Leafs
Carli Backcountry resi shocks
Carli limit straps
Dysko front bump stops

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, that is almost everything I want. Wish you were ,(c)loser would really like to see how it rides How long have you had it on your truck? pm me what you would like to vet out of your parts.

Sorry, for the misspelling above.

Last edited:

ltr450rider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was gonna couple weeks ago, didn't wanna unleash upper trailing arms, thinking axle would shift/roll and would play hell to get hitched back up. I had everything else disconnected and still couldn't get spacer and spring in. Your axle will move 1/4-1/2 w/o adj. track bar. I also was thinking bout new springs, gonna think on it and adj. track bar.

OP
OP
ljvsnyder

ljvsnyder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input guys. My wife and I learned her unemployment benefits have officially ran out, and the suspension upgrades will have to be on hold for now. So unemployment went down by one. Ending tier 4 unemployment benefits in April gives Obama a reduced unemployment figure in November, I know who I am not voting for.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01