look what I found!! aFe intake!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup...found it over the weekend. Finally!!!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Like the design of this intake much more than the K&N. Says another 2 months before it is supposed to be available, but I'm definitely going to look into this one.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Are you guys looking at intakes researching the actual gains on these without being tuned?

You all know you have MAP intakes right?

speed-density method of calculating engine load is not going to change with any intake you use.

Just dont want people to expect any gains as these intake can be expensive.

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Full exhaust/intake/tuner- Only way to go-

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are you guys looking at intakes researching the actual gains on these without being tuned?

You all know you have MAP intakes right?

speed-density method of calculating engine load is not going to change with any intake you use.

Just dont want people to expect any gains as these intake can be expensive.
The 6.4 has a mass air flow sensor.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
8 week backorder...so now another wait begins...

i'm looking forward to getting it in the truck!

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
It do look good anyway, I would love to see what performance it give if any.

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Did they remove it from their site? I only see the replacement filter for the 6.4.

They updated their website in the last week or so. It was on the old website but disappeared when the new website opened.

Maybe they had too many back orders and too little stock so they pulled it until they've built stock back up.

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Did they remove it from their site? I only see the replacement filter for the 6.4.

Weird - If you use the link at the beginning of the thread it now works and goes to the new website where you can pre-order. If you try to find it via the 'Vehicle Search' you won't.

Anyway, you can still pre-order this CAI, looks like estimated ship date is end September.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I know the fuel injection system adjusts for a CAI when the truck is not tuned, but does anyone know if this would help at higher altitudes where the air is a little thinner (where non-turbo vehicles seem to have troubles) without a tune?

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I know the fuel injection system adjusts for a CAI when the truck is not tuned, but does anyone know if this would help at higher altitudes where the air is a little thinner (where non-turbo vehicles seem to have troubles) without a tune?

I've had them on 4 or 5 NA vehicles and they don't ever amount to much without a tune - definitely more noise if not enclosed (though this one should be pretty quiet since it is), maybe a little better throttle response, maybe a slight loss in low end and a slight gain in the mid to high RPMs.

Lots of 'maybe's' by the butt dyno. Have never dynoed any of my rigs with them but all my vehicles had tunes to take advantage of them otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I'm at 1,045 m (3,428 ft) here in Calgary.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
They aren't much help without a tune but will help with throttle response at most altitudes.

It is still on backorder I see...geez...

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like it, let's face it, they mostly provide an upgraded look to the engine bay anyway. Even the Vararam which gives you dyno proven "marginal" gains are just one more part of the complete performance package that don't do much by themselves.