Mufflex magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Co1063

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a little info on the mufflex kit. It sounds great at startup, at idle, and when running down the road. Love the sound makes it sound like a hemi should. The bad: if ya tow a lot the drone will kill you. It drones a bit when on the highway empty between 1500-1800rpm but it's liveable. But any load or trailer towing it's pretty bad. Just my two cents for anyone considering it. I'm back to stock muffler with the butterfly knocked out and the resonator removed.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
my magnaflow cat back used to drone at the range too. drone went way down when i put on a K&N intake kit.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
had my mufflex Maggie for 20,000 miles + now. still same drone as when new, no improvement. But I don't have an intake kit. I'm still holding my breath and waiting for Corsa to put out a cat back. Not ****** likely though.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I will never tow so my 14 Magnaflow with long tubes/no cats and the Vararam sound like pure heaven

OP
OP
C

Co1063

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking of an electric cutout so that when I feel like making some noise I can but I can keep it nice for towing. When I took off the resonator I welded the tailpipe back together n kept it tucked up so ya can't see it.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just a little info on the mufflex kit. It sounds great at startup, at idle, and when running down the road. Love the sound makes it sound like a hemi should. The bad: if ya tow a lot the drone will kill you. It drones a bit when on the highway empty between 1500-1800rpm but it's liveable. But any load or trailer towing it's pretty bad. Just my two cents for anyone considering it. I'm back to stock muffler with the butterfly knocked out and the resonator removed.
I would think with the 6.4L you'd get more drone than the 5.7L.
Having a dual output pointing straight at your tow load can't help.
I'm thinking turn-down tips might be a reasonable investment if you tow a lot and have one of the rear bumper dual exhaust models.
The wife has been talking about getting a camper, but that would probably mean I'd upgrade to a used 2500 with CTD if I can find one--especially if we go fifth wheel.

OP
OP
C

Co1063

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never saw a 6.4 with the dual exit exhaust unless someone changed it over I think they all come with the single tailpipe with the ugly resonator.