Need help with my hvac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey I just purchased a 2014 2500 with 6.4 not sure if I'm on the rite forum for this question so please direct me if so. I'm having trouble with my hvac system not getting as much air out of the driver side as the passenger side and also the hot air on the driver side is only luke warm air but the air in the passenger is hot and is it normal when you turn the air to the floor to get a little out of the defrost but not the other way around. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope it isn’t the issue I had on my 3rd Gen... a clogged heater core. Unless you have a dual zone system. Do you have a dual zone system?

OP
OP
J

Jon27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No but I have noticed it blows a little harder on passenger side than the driver side

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In a single zone system, heat on passenger side and less/none on the drivers side is consistent with a clogged heater core. A typical fix for this is to unplug both heater core lines and flush the core with LOW pressure water (too high pressure can cause the heater core to break). If this fixes the problem, but it returns, then you would want to flush and clean the entire system, since the heater core is a point where dirt gathers.

But a 2014 shouldn’t have these problems already, unless someone mixed the coolant (mixing them causes coolant to become a gel, that can clog the system).

I am new to 4th Gens, so maybe there is something else...

OP
OP
J

Jon27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thank you very much for the info will try it