Need quick confirmation from 2500 guys leveled!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
Guys i need some quick confirmation from anybody who has 2.5-3" level on a 2500, and if they are running 35's which offset rim!!! I was literally on the phone to order my 35" Cooper STT's and 18x9 -12 offset rim and the guy at the parts place is telling me even with it leveled I would have to cut the pinch weld to avoid rubbing if I go with a -12 offset! Is this true? I was under impression with it leveled (using Thuren 3" leveling coils) that I could run 35's WITH the -12 offset. I really don't wanna go with +18 offset bc i wanted the tires out farther. Can someone please chime in and confirm or deny this before I shell out $2400

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I believe you will rub the pinch weld slightly with -12
My girlfriends 3rd gen cummins has 315/70/17 with a -24 offset and 2" level, it rubbed on the drivers side pinch weld
An adjustable track bar and bending the corner back just a bit took care of it

BTW Pure Performance is/has released a kit for '14s

OP
OP
SlightlyTweaked

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
I believe you will rub the pinch weld slightly with -12
My girlfriends 3rd gen cummins has 315/70/17 with a -24 offset and 2" level, it rubbed on the drivers side pinch weld
An adjustable track bar and bending the corner back just a bit took care of it

BTW Pure Performance is/has released a kit for '14s

Didnt wanna hear that about the -12 offset and the pinch weld. DAMMIT! I really dont wanna cut/bend anything so I guess I have no choice but to go with the +18 if I want that rim. Can't go any higher on the lift bc I need to be able toplow with the truck,

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
If your getting pocket flares I would chance it and go with the -12 to fill them out
My girlfriends -24 just tuck under the edge of her pocket flares
I wish I had a picture of what I did to the pinch weld, if you saw how little it needed to go you would probably be ok with it

OP
OP
SlightlyTweaked

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
I spoke with Don Thuren too and he's telling me his soft ride 3" lift coils will actually raise my truck 3"+ BC they are rated for a diesel and I am running aHEMI. If that's the case I should be able to clear the, 35s with the-12 offset, but now run into the problem of being nose high which isn't where I wanna be. Dammit, this isn't going as smoothly as I wanted it to be.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yikes, 3.5" is an awful lot of lift to retain the factory track bar and control arms, not sure how hig the rear of these new trucks will go without changeing parts out either

Im just shy of 3" on my blue 3rd gen, my sway bar links are not happy and Im really considering switching the adjustable track bar on the grey truck to the blue one

I dont have experience with that brand but from the reviews I have seen they are on par with Thuren and Carli

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I dont have experience with 2500s but Ive dealt with a lot of lifted vehicles, the pinch weld is very easy fix. Id consider doing what you had planned initially and if you do rub on the pinch weld is literally a 30 min fix max each side. Its as simple as removing fender lining, making small cuts into pinch weld, folding back and coating them. Reinstall fender lining and its done.

OP
OP
SlightlyTweaked

SlightlyTweaked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI VVT
Only other real option I have right now without going to crazy would be the 4.5" Zone lift kit. Just not sure how that would work out with the plow

woodlandsFFEMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not tech savy like some of these guys I have a 2011 2500 hemi with a 2.5 level front running 35" and it rubs on that front weld drivers side only, passenger side isn't even close. I agree with earlier post at 2.5 my control arms are stretched to the limit, I knocked off about 1" of that pinch weld with cutter wheel and slapped some paint to prevent rust but it still rubs on a hard left turn (no issue on rt turn) I'm looking at a rough country 5" lift just to solve the problem all together.