New 2016 Ram 2500 but there are issues already at 800 miles...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well the ole Ecodiesel had to go yesterday. The oil cooler decided it was going to crack internally and dump all of my engine oil into my coolant throughout my entire engine. Similar to what my Nissan Titan did. Also after pulling a small 4000 pound trailer 700 miles to the ranch and back the trans started slipping and throwing an engine code for trans coolant valve stuck open. Needless to say it was under warranty so I didn't lose on the trade in but it would have done it all over again. This truck is nice for having a pick up that's get 26 mpg, no good for towing at all. So I decided to pick up a 2016 Ram 2500 Lone Star Edition. So far love this truck and it drives great and gets excellent fuel economy for a 3/4 ton truck.

Update: I now hav a little of 800 miles on the truck and the service electronic throttle control light message comes on and then at the bottom flashes. When i slow down or even just randomly Ill throw an unknown engine code then in a few seconds its just goes away, but when the engine code occurs i can floor it and only get 1K in rams out of the truck. How in the hell is this happening to me after spending 67K on a brand new truck. I have been bragging on the ram brand lately so much but at this point I'm almost regretting that and even purchasing this damn truck. Sorry for my rant I am just beyond frustrated with my luck with my last two ram trucks.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciate, and it going into the shop tomorrow more.
(btw I haven't even finished financing yet lol)

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks - Sorry it will get better

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sometimes new rigs need a bit of time on the road to get sorted out.

Just use the warranty and good luck with the fix.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
^ Agreed, it definitely sucks but take a breath, it is probably a simple glitch. Your warranty will look after it, then you can relax and enjoy that beautiful new truck!

My 14 2500 is going in the shop today. Upper and lower ball joints on the passenger side. Only 27,000 km. It's the first real issue I've had with the truck in 2 years.

Despite that, it is still the nicest truck I have ever owned (and I've had all the big 3)

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No I paid 52K, but hell they sold my trade in put me in this truck and still havmt finished my finance paperwork and its been a week now

Last edited:

soper72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 Outdoorsman CC
Are you getting a check engine light? I had something similar around 3k where the stability control went haywire due to a bad spring in the steering wheel. They replaced it and I haven't had a problem since. Over 12k miles '16 Outdoorsman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So what you are saying is you don't technically own this truck yet, and you want something else on the lot :naughty:

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Sounds like your TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) is bad. Ram or Chrysler doesn't make those. They get them from suppliers like Bendix, Eaton, or Williams Control like every other make does. Seems like you just got a bad one that has an intermitted short.

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
yea I technically don't own the truck yet and i know its just luck of the draw, I can only hope they get it fixed because I love my ram entirely and all of it features

Also they said it was a bad throttle position sensor, bad BCM, and bad SCR...

cash4acres

4lb pompano
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L,660ftLbs=G56 Manual 6 speed
Just replaced my exhaust diesel catalytic cooker under warranty

Sorry to hear about your NEW Truck...
I have been seeing a lot of "V6 DIESEL NEGATIVES" ON LINE!!
I have a 2015 2500 QC 6.7L diesel 4x4 & 6 speed G56 Transmission.... Average city MPG is just under 20MPG and Freeway 24-28MPG.:roflsquared:
MODIFICATIONS ARE:
1-KN Drop in Air Filter &
2-Camper Shell with 6 locking safes under the bed for guns & Ammo.
3-2 LIGHT BARS UP FRONT, 500+WATTS (42" & 24" BARS)
8500 LBS. dry and 10,000+ wet & Loaded...
84,500 MILES AT MONTH 20 AGE....
STOCK TIRES FIRESTONE 275-70-18 HTs, MY 3RD set is wearing out so at 90,000 I'll install a 4th set of TAKE offs. :happy107:
Ram Firestone take offs range from $160-200 a set of 4. :naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Update:
The dealership my issues was a known problem which they've replaced a few on different new trucks. They were so certain they could get it repaired they told me to come back in 2 days and I could have it (no need to provide me a rental car btw). I come back in 2 days and they say well its done and the mechanic drove it but he wants to wait until friday to give it back so the he can drive it again. Ok now we are today, and I show up to get the truck and complete financing two weeks later. They hand me the truck keys and say well financing still isn't done and with my credit they are trying to decide how much money they want to lose to get deal done now. I get mad and the General Sales Manger says monday now until its done, and after some back and fourth I leave with the truck and still no financing done. I get 10 miles up the road and guess what the truck starts throwing the same engine codes, sputtering, and goes into limp mode. I get it back to Clear Lake Dodge and by this point I'm beyond pissed off! I walk in and the salesman says whats wrong? I said the F*****g truck broke down again man! Well at this point the General Sales Manger sees me come back in and tells the salesman just get the damn keys and take the truck back and forget the deal. I exchanged some harsh words with him across the dealership showroom, and they take me back to service and say the trucks going back into service and won't be ready until monday afternoon. Finally I get to speak to the New Car Sales Manager, and he apologized up and done and seems to be going out of his way to help me, and says Clear Lake Dodge is under new management. I told him that was good because their yelp review is a 1-1/2 star. I called Ram and put in a claim in to their STAR team and they are getting in contact with the engineers to help repair the truck and figure out what the dealerships issues are. We will see what happens and if I get financing done Monday like promised. (Also my old truck still isn't paid off and its now 10 days past due). Also I offered to just return the truck and get mine back and they said they cannot do that, even though the General Mangers told my sales man to take my keys and forget the deal. After that is when I talked to a higher up and they said returning the truck isn't something they can do since we both signed an intent to buy/sell form. Now if this continues my only hope is LEMON LAW. I would not recommend this dealership in anyway unless the new management comes through and turns that dealership around.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Um- If they can't get u financed... Then they can't sell u the truck lol-trust me - I got to play with a comaro for like 3 weeks- Then got that call- Honestly - Get ur truck back and go to a different dealership.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
It's not your truck, they cannot make you buy it. Get your old rig back and go to a different dealer.

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I agree that's what I should do but what I'm saying is the dealership is refusing to give it up so it's gonna take a fight to get it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
They cannot force you to buy it. Walk in, hand them the keys and demand your truck back. Tell them your acting on advice from your lawyer.

Did you sign your title over to them? If not, they don't have a leg to stand on.

OP
OP
S

STYSMason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
No I haven't signed the title to them and I guess it's gonna take more than saying I want my truck back now to get them to give it back

PippinAin'tEasy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If'n they don't hold the title you report that ***** stolen. Those limp ***** are trying to force a lemon on you. **** 'em. Send in Johnny Law to ask why they haven't returned your truck with a damn apology.

"Oh, sweet debt. Thy name is Truck."

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
No I haven't signed the title to them and I guess it's gonna take more than saying I want my truck back now to get them to give it back

There's your out. You still own your truck. They simply cannot refuse to give you your truck back. If they try, call 911 in front of them and say you want to report a stolen truck.

I agree with the others, there trying to stick you with a POS problem truck.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn