new Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.carlisle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey everyone,

well as the title says i am getting some new bumpers, but not the kind everyone thinks. these are stock bumpers. last weekend i was cleaning my truck and i found rust spots bleeding through the chrome on the front bumper. so i checked the rear bumper and yup found rust also. called the dealer and took the truck in on Wednesday for pictures got a call Thursday saying they got my bumpers covered under warranty and they will be here Friday. taking truck in on Saturday morning to get them put on. My truck is a 2016 ram 2500 with only 13,000 miles.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where do you live?? Did u inspect the rest of the truck?

OP
OP
A

A.carlisle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I live in the finger lakes region of NY. so they love to use lots of salt,But they should not be rusting already. I did look at the rest of the truck and it looks good still. I bought the truck in November of 2016 new.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey everyone,

well as the title says i am getting some new bumpers, but not the kind everyone thinks. these are stock bumpers. last weekend i was cleaning my truck and i found rust spots bleeding through the chrome on the front bumper. so i checked the rear bumper and yup found rust also. called the dealer and took the truck in on Wednesday for pictures got a call Thursday saying they got my bumpers covered under warranty and they will be here Friday. taking truck in on Saturday morning to get them put on. My truck is a 2016 ram 2500 with only 13,000 miles.
Another reason I had my 2016 Ram Krown rust proofed.

OP
OP
A

A.carlisle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got the new bumpers installed. They definitely look better than my other ones. The chrome seems to look of better quality. My original bumpers had dull spots in certain areas. Now i just hope these ones last, lol.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
lucky, i tried to get my dealer to cover my painted bumpers as the front is getting the same rust bleed through but no luck yet.

OP
OP
A

A.carlisle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
lucky, i tried to get my dealer to cover my painted bumpers as the front is getting the same rust bleed through but no luck yet.

That sucks man. Hopefully they get ya taken care of soon. otherwise i would be looking for another dealer.