New to me 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millnoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys just picked up a clean 2014 6.4 and was wondering if anyone has used a diesel dpf back exhaust to get rid of that ugly tip and resonator?

Also has anyone done an aftermarket y pipe yet on one of these? Seems like the 6.4 has a worse one than the 5.7.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Not sure what you mean by using a dpf system on a gas motor. But if you're trying to get rid on the OEM muffler it depends on how loud you want it. I put in the stainless flowmaster 50HD and love the sound. I'll be removing the resonator in the rear today but with it it's not to loud or have any drone but I have mds turned off. You could just install a muffler and chop off the resonator, add a nice tip. Should be much cheaper than buying a whole system. Also the 6.4 uses 3.5" stainless exhaust tubing, a diesel one would be to big.

Welcome and post some pics of your new rig!

OP
OP
M

Millnoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically the tail pipe section of the exhaust. They sell them for the diesels, but seems line they would mount up right to our mufflers also with just a 3.5"-4" adapter. Something like this:

http://usdieselparts.com/i-18610289-magnaflow-4-pro-series-stainless-dpf-back-single-exhaust-13-14-dodge-cc-sb-6-7l.html?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KEQjwicfHBRCh6KaMp4-asKgBEiQA8GH2x13urlrFyBolkcvWQE_h6_fJl91ob9m6Q6LPu9bTR7QaAj3Y8P8HAQ

I like the idea of no welds visible back there, but guessing like you said just cut out the resonator and weld in a chunk of pipe would be much cheaper lol.

Anyone put a did y pipe collector in?