New owner first post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beaverclever02

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 tradesman cclb
Engine
6.4L
Where to begin???? New to the site, but not to forums.

Bought my first near new truck saturday morning after, ummmm 2 years of searching. I work trucks.....hard. My last truck which I still own and plan to use has lasted me since 2000. I run a small family owned firewood buisness as a hobby for my son and I. Im a pretty proud owner of a 2014 2500 cclb 6.4l tradesman with 41k on the clock. Not sure what im going to do to this beast first but im ready to tinker and I'm ready to put it to work. My 94 f350 srw cclb 7.5l is a long ways from retirement and has been a damn good truck to me, but it was just time to treat my self. I have been searching for the right truck for quite some time. I gave up on the junk Ford is producing, and Gm was just too hard to find that met my criteria. Don't get me wrong the 6.0 is a good motor but it just struggles too much for my liking. No matter how I sliced it the Ram hit the mark every time.

So let me have it, whats been tested and true, exhaust, intake, tuner?

FireRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 DRW Longhorn
Engine
Cummins 6.7 AISIN 4.10
Congrats and enjoy!

Don't have and pointers for you. My truck mod days are over. Don't do anything but accessories these days. Spent my time with my lifted and modified '01 and had a blast repairing things that broke. But these days a factory warranty that lets me tow the RV and get the kids to school and me to work are more important. I live vicariously through everyone else now.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Congrats on the new truck. I just bought my new 17 tradesman right before the new year, so besides for side steps, a bug shield and splash guards, mines all stock.

I will be ordering some coverking seat covers for it soon and getting the bed linex"ed in the spring , but beyond that I'm just going to run and maintain it well.

Good choice on the ram. I'm a Ford man, but liked the ram best of the 3 when i was looking

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Tuner - Diablosport I2 with Hemifever custom tunes. Available from Moe's Performance - a Vendor here - as a package.

Intake - I am waiting on AFE to introduce their cold air intake for the 6.4L HEMI. Right now, there's not much to choose from beside a K&N system or a drop in filter.

Exhaust - Some guys go full dual if they don't have the rear self leveling air system on their trucks. For those of us who have that, there's no room for a true dual or a single in/dual out muffler and new tail pipes. So for me I pulled the stocker off, removed the resonator, installed a Magnaflow in it's place and had the custom tuner turn off MDS to mitigate drone.

Good luck with the truck and welcome to Ram Forum.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Tuner - Diablosport I2 with Hemifever custom tunes. Available from Moe's Performance - a Vendor here - as a package.

Intake - I am waiting on AFE to introduce their cold air intake for the 6.4L HEMI. Right now, there's not much to choose from beside a K&N system or a drop in filter.

Exhaust - Some guys go full dual if they don't have the rear self leveling air system on their trucks. For those of us who have that, there's no room for a true dual or a single in/dual out muffler and new tail pipes. So for me I pulled the stocker off, removed the resonator, installed a Magnaflow in it's place and had the custom tuner turn off MDS to mitigate drone.

Good luck with the truck and welcome to Ram Forum.

aFe has a CAI. It's listed on the web site for Power Wagon, but it's the same as the 'normal' 6.4.

aFe POWER 54-72103 Momentum GT Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System | aFe POWER

OP
OP
B

beaverclever02

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 tradesman cclb
Engine
6.4L
So on the corners of my mirrors are what appear to be little lights, but they don't work. Should they?When do they? Can they be wired with my running lights?

VicViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What a coincidence, I just bought my 2014 3500 ST SRW 6.4 with 31k on it just this month, I also looked at ford super duty and silverado HD's....thought about a diesel then I thought about fuel, Maintnence and DEF. Lol so I'm loving my gasser right now...I picked RAM because It just seems to have it all.

Honestly I think the truck is perfect imo...all I want is intake, wheels, tires and clearance lights on the cab....with a headache rack and heavy duty bumper and she will be my dream truck. I can relate to you guys wanting the simple things.

VicViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So on the corners of my mirrors are what appear to be little lights, but they don't work. Should they?When do they? Can they be wired with my running lights?

Are they on the corners of the mirrors like the turn signals? I also want them to run with park and headlamps like on the fords.

VicViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Ah ok, yeah turn your 4ways on to see if they come on, they are turn signals only.

OP
OP
B

beaverclever02

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 tradesman cclb
Engine
6.4L
Pulled it in the shop this weekend and cut the stock crap out, installed a flowmaster "40" SIDO with about 24" of pipe attached and turn downs at the axle... Sounds great, no drone, at least no more than the tires. Quiet on the cruise and classic throaty flowmaster sound when your digging deep!