New truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Regular cab
Engine
Fianlly here!

Got a call last Friday that my truck was in. Ordered it on September 19th (a Saturday) down at Larry H. Miller Chrysler Dodge in Albuquerque. Was hoping to buy off a lot somewhere but apparently the exact truck I wanted was a unicorn, so ended up ordering.

Tradesman 4x4
Maximum Steel Metallic
Regular cab
4.10s with LSD
dual alts (380 amps)
aux switches
sliding rear window
protection group
LED bed lighting
cloth with carpet delete
remote entry
spray-in liner
18" steel wheels
backup camera

And that's about it!

Ended up paying $38,200 after all said and done. Maybe not the best price around, but I'm happy with it - Especially since I had to order it. Not many dealers (that I talked to) were willing to discount much further on a special order 2016. I also got $2k in rebates and a fat juicy trade-in allowance for my 2014 Toyota FJ with only 20,000 miles.

SUPER stoked so far! Engine is strong and truck is well put together. Only things I could gripe about are small things - for example the interior plastic bits & pieces seem pretty cheapish. That, and I wish the blower fan had another speed or two. Like I said...small things.

First plan is to head down to the dealer and get ALL the fluids/filters I need to do a first round of maintenance when the time comes. I like having extra oil/coolant/diff fluid/air filters etc.. in my garage ready to go in case I need it. Never know when the zombie hordes will invade and cause all the parts departments to shutter their doors...

Next up will be factory PW fender flares and a light tint on the windows. Eventually plan to turn this truck into an overlanding/expedition rig. Want to get the PW winch assembly, a stout shell with roof rack, some sliders, rear bumper, some extra lighting and a good CB. That's about it!

One other thing - This truck is TALL. I loved watching my 5'2" wife hop into the passenger seat with a skirt on. Really loved that. A LOT.

Sorry for the pic quality, snapped with a phone. I'll get some sexy glamour shots later. :naughty:

Attachments

• Ram3.jpg
    Ram3.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 87
  • Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 78
  • ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 81

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Looks nice!

I have a short wife also, get some side steps as that will wear thin on them.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Nice truck!

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
them and the sides of the seats.. Steps were orders the night we got home lol. Good looking truck

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good man. That's what I am wanting to trade mine in for. But seeing as I just bought wife a new car I have to hang on to it for a bit longer.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Nice truck and I like the color. Would love to see a build thread on an expedition rig. Are you putting in a truck camper of any type or a bed cap with some amenities? Is that $38.2 out the door or ........? Price seem a little steep but if you are happy that is what matters.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Nice truck.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
mmmmhmhmhmm...Maximum Steel. Dontchya just love looking at it. It's mezmorizing.....

OP
OP
M

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice truck and I like the color. Would love to see a build thread on an expedition rig. Are you putting in a truck camper of any type or a bed cap with some amenities? Is that $38.2 out the door or ........? Price seem a little steep but if you are happy that is what matters.

Yep, that was the OTD price after all said and done. Was a little steep, but couldn't get them to come down any more since it was a special order. I'm happy with it, though - after a few months/payments I won't even remember that I may have paid a couple grand extra.

Planning on a truck cap (ARE maybe, not sure). Keeping it pretty simple, some interior lights and a carpeted sleeping platform with some storage underneath. Will put a stout roof rack on top of the shell for a couple of fuel cans and hi-lift / recovery gear. Would love to get a rear locker but I'll probably wait & see how I get along with just the LSD & some proper tires. I've toyed with the idea of some PW rear coils for a little extra flex but I'm going to wait & see how the stock set up works with the extra weight of the shell and gear - should get the springs to flex a little more. Also looking to get a full skid plate set up underneath along with a stout rear bumper. Should be the perfect expedition rig for just the two of us (and the dogs, of course)!

OP
OP
M

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And yep, steps are definitely on the way - I get an earful every time she hoists herself up into the seat.

LOVE the maximum steel. Here's a pic in the evening - looks like a totally different beast once the sun starts to go down. :naughty:

Attachments

• Ram4.jpg
    Ram4.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Ram5.jpg
    Ram5.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 60

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
One other thing - This truck is TALL. I loved watching my 5'2" wife hop into the passenger seat with a skirt on. Really loved that. A LOT.

:naughty:

We need pictures to fully understand what your talking about !!! :)

OP
OP
M

mauspalls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LED bed lighting? that wasnt an option for me

I 'think' the option was added for 2016. There are two LED lights at the rear of the bed in addition to the regular bed light that's on the stop lamp/brake light housing. The LED units are pretty bright for their size and really illuminate the whole bed. They were a $100 option, but you have to equip the truck with the power & remote entry group to make it available. One of those things that will be nice to have when you need them.

:favorites13: