New (used) 2016 Tradesman onwer with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I recently purchased a new to me (used) 2016 Tradesman for what I feel was a great price. There are some things I would like to add to it that were not included in the original build of the truck.

Some of the things I am wanting to add are:

1. The hidden winch (like the PowerWagon has

2. The upfitter package with the switches integrated in the dash (or something similar that won't completely mess up the dash) so I can add some LED lights.

3. A remote start option (I would prefer the factory option, but am open to other ideas for cost savings).

4. The brightest possible headlights without going HID. I live in the country and deer/bear/horses and cows are a constant concern on the roads.

Just looking for some advise as to what is out there. I have tried googling the ideas but am getting frustrated with the results I am finding

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L

Piecing a PW winch setup is cost prohibitive unless you find by rare chance a wreaked donor or someone selling a setup which is rare.

2. The upfitter package with the switches integrated in the dash (or something similar that won't completely mess up the dash) so I can add some LED lights.

Once again, integrating a factory Upfitter system is not readily feasible as it is both a inside and engine bay parts setup and wiring harness with control by the canbus. Added one after the fact is not cost effective.

3. A remote start option (I would prefer the factory option, but am open to other ideas for cost savings).

Google around, MOPAR makes and sells a factory remote start kit for around $300 or so but there is also a point where the dealer has program and swap a module out for about 1-2 hours shop time cost.

There is also another aftermarket option that seems to be popular but I will let other chime in on that and also your HID questions as I am not versed on that subject.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I installed these lamps not to long ago and love the light output with the halogen bulbs, I've had other aftermarket projectors that straight sucked with halogen bulbs but these sure surprised me better than factory IMO, I'm still going HID but not n no hurry

Attachments

• 20161029_123902.jpg
    20161029_123902.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20161026_232045.jpg
    20161026_232045.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 70

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I recently purchased a new to me (used) 2016 Tradesman for what I feel was a great price. There are some things I would like to add to it that were not included in the original build of the truck.

4. The brightest possible headlights without going HID. I live in the country and deer/bear/horses and cows are a constant concern on the roads.

Just looking for some advise as to what is out there. I have tried googling the ideas but am getting frustrated with the results I am finding

You can get the mount and just wire in a winch of your choosing.

Aside from switching the housings and going to HIDs you can switch to a H9 from a H11 bulb. They require a little modification to fit but they put your quite a few more lumens at the expense of lifespan.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I installed these lamps not to long ago and love the light output with the halogen bulbs, I've had other aftermarket projectors that straight sucked with halogen bulbs but these sure surprised me better than factory IMO, I'm still going HID but not n no hurry

What head lamps are those? I like em.....

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

If you don't have the factory fog lights, adding them will help a lot also...

Adding foglights to 2013+ tradesman/slt

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn