Next modification...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
My next modification will be the installation of a locker or limited slip differential to replace the factory open diff. Essentially I have a 2x4 at the moment, rather than an actual 4x4.

With a LSD, at least I will be piloting a 3x4.

So far I have decided a LSD will be the right choice for occasional use in the snow rather than a locker.

I am looking at the Yukon DuraGrip.

Thoughts?

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My next modification will be the installation of a locker or limited slip differential to replace the factory open diff. Essentially I have a 2x4 at the moment, rather than an actual 4x4.

With a LSD, at least I will be piloting a 3x4.

So far I have decided a LSD will be the right choice for occasional use in the snow rather than a locker.

I am looking at the Yukon DuraGrip.

Thoughts?

I'm not familiar with yukon but why not use the oem lsd?

You might be able to use the power wagon lsd/electronic locker combo. Iirc, it's an lsd until you hit it with voltage, at which point it locks.

OP
OP
M

maclean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm not familiar with yukon but why not use the oem lsd?

You might be able to use the power wagon lsd/electronic locker combo. Iirc, it's an lsd until you hit it with voltage, at which point it locks.

I don't object to the idea, but it looks like it will cost more to have that installed.