Noisy Engine Startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KcubSamoht

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Hi all.

I have a 2016 3500 with the 6.7L Cummins & AISIN Transmission combination, and the past couple of mornings I have noticed a strange noise during the engine startup. When the engine starts, about 5 seconds later there is a kind of clanging type noise that lasts for about 30 seconds then does not happen again. It seems to only happen during a remote start event (tried this morning with a normal start and it did not do it), with ambient temps around 30° F. I posted a video on YouTube here:

https://youtu.be/AYESkQ5k3ZE

Engine starts at 0:14 and noise starts at 0:20. Anyone else seen this type of issue?

TIA!

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Kinda hard to tell through computer speakers, but I think it might be normal. When I start my truck in colder weather, the exhaust brake automatically comes on. It just sounds louder inside the truck. When my wife opens the passenger door, I get a loud clanging noise inside the truck. I think its normal.