OEM Auxiliary Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I,m in the middle of wiring up some aux lighting to in my truck. I'm going to use the aux switches on the dash to work the lights. I know the switches can be configured for Ignition or Battery power. My question is, do I still need to use a relay for the lights or are there already relays part of the system? Thanks!

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
I,m in the middle of wiring up some aux lighting to in my truck. I'm going to use the aux switches on the dash to work the lights. I know the switches can be configured for Ignition or Battery power. My question is, do I still need to use a relay for the lights or are there already relays part of the system? Thanks!

No relay needed.

OP
OP
Sandbox

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Thanks! That's what I thought but, wanted to double check. I got the lights hooked up yesterday and I love the OEM Aux Switches!!

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Thanks! That's what I thought but, wanted to double check. I got the lights hooked up yesterday and I love the OEM Aux Switches!!

I ordered my truck to have the switches & bigger alternator just in case I ever put a plow on the front. When it arrived it didn't have them so I ripped into the dealer for it. I think it was only about $400-500 option but if I had to have it done after the truck was built it would cost thousands. So he took off another $2,000 off my truck so he didn't have to order another one.:naughty: Still really wishing I had the aux switches for adding extra lights though.