Ok What is this-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rolling up to a light or stop sign and I think it does it regardless of tow haul on or not- but the damn thing will either drop a gear and add a little fuel and lung or just lung in the current gear - I am not sure wich one it is as I'm usually not paying attention untill it does it and it catches me off guard and I am usually climbing harder in the breaks to ensure I stop. anyone else have this issue or experienced it? Thanks fellas.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well your situation sounds much more drastic then what I'm thinking of. But I know with mine (5.7 MDS) before I had a tune the MDS would kick off as id come to a stop sometimes so right as I was coming to a stop it would essentially double it's power and want to lunge forward for a split second. My exhaust is pretty loud to so sometimes it would be embarrassing as it would occasionally make people think I was trying to look cool or something lol. But your situation sounds like it's a bit more drastic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya it Deff adds fuel as the Rpms will jump

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ya my truck always does something like this when slowing down (its not enough to be annoying, or cause for alarm for me). Its probably in the programming. The truck weighs 7000+ pounds and its remarkably smooth for what it is capable of.

IMO its a heavy duty truck and it does things like an industrial tool. Its not as polished as my old 2015 1500 Hemi grocery getter was, but I knew that going in and will never go back.:favorites13:

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Hmm, Mine has never done this before. It will come to a stop nice and smooth and there is no surging or irregularity in the RPMs even just before coming to a stop. Trans is also buttery smooth when downshifting and always seems to shift at the right point.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
my 1500 used to lurch forward at low speed when mds kicked in. never noticed it with the 6.4, but i shut the mds off when i start driving. i do notice the 6.4 downshifts coming to a stop light but does not lurch that i can tell.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Rolling up to a light or stop sign and I think it does it regardless of tow haul on or not- but the damn thing will either drop a gear and add a little fuel and lung or just lung in the current gear - I am not sure wich one it is as I'm usually not paying attention untill it does it and it catches me off guard and I am usually climbing harder in the breaks to ensure I stop. anyone else have this issue or experienced it? Thanks fellas.

all the time. exactly as you said....if the software update i just got helps with this i will chime back in. happy friday comrades!

OP
OP
Ratket

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ Its just irritating as **** especially if I got a load in the bed or on the bumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn