Pedal Commander for 6.4 Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn just another mod added to the list. Would this be considered a tune as it could void warranty? Or can you just uninstall it before taking to the stealership

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
This is on the list.

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can any of you tell me if the increased throttle sensitivity causes excessive down shifting while towing, or how towing is affected by Pedal Commander?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know if anyone has towed with it yet- from other reports I have read if u have it set to the max setting it can be a " little much" as in slightly jerky , but you can change the setting with a push of a button- I imagine most who have it will most likely have thier " daily driving setting" and once they tow with it - know which setting they want to tow with-

Phil21502

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I towed a small, I mean mini 5x8 trailer full of lumber for a pool deck with mine. I usually run in sport + no lights. Dead center in the sport +. I turned it down to city dead center and it kept it from downshifting so easily and just made the tow easier in my mind.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Can any of you tell me if the increased throttle sensitivity causes excessive down shifting while towing, or how towing is affected by Pedal Commander?

I have now towed 3000 miles of an 11000 mile trip. My truck now stays in 5th often where before PC it would seldom shift out of 4th. I have seen a slight increase in mpg that I credit the PC for getting. Also 4th to 2nd gear shifts are seldom now vs. before when pulling long grades up mountains it would go from 4th to 2nd way to often.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
On the fence buying the pedal commander,any CEL or codes after your install?Thanks for any info.:)

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On the fence buying the pedal commander,any CEL or codes after your install?Thanks for any info.:)
None after install. Disconnect battery before install.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I ordered the Pedal commander from Moe,s Performance they had a promo code for 269.99 plus free shipping.I spoke with them before my purchase very informative, great folks to speak with.I will update when installed.:)

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Any potential warranty issues with using the Commander?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Any potential warranty issues with using the Commander?

No warranty concerns because the Pedal Commander doesnt leave any trace on the truck once removed.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
thanks comrades for the promo code/discount.
just ordered mine. the constant lugging is driving me up a tree.
perhaps this " band - aid " will help some.
cheers!

15BlueStreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I have now towed 3000 miles of an 11000 mile trip. My truck now stays in 5th often where before PC it would seldom shift out of 4th. I have seen a slight increase in mpg that I credit the PC for getting. Also 4th to 2nd gear shifts are seldom now vs. before when pulling long grades up mountains it would go from 4th to 2nd way to often.

What and how much are you towing? I am thinking of getting one of these. I have 4.10 gears just trying to get more umph out of 1,2 gears. One time for whatever reason I was hitched up to my camper and accelerated with about 1/4 throttle and the truck pulled like crazy. Hasn't done it since just the normal lag ever since. Don't know what happened that one time but I liked it! If this can recreate that I'm in!

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Dammit!!! It's all Matt's fault.... I ordered mine yesterday ;)

So I'll see if it lives up to the hype.

Like 15Blue said above, there are times once in a blue moon where I step on the skinny pedal and the truck MOVES! But 99% of the time it lags. I can floor it and the engine revs but goes no where fast. Other times there is a 2 - 3 second delay before the rpms climb and the truck screams and still goes no where fast. Then there are times that the truck just picks up and goes with ~1/4 to 1/2 input. This is during my daily commute so it's all in the same spots. I've played with how much I push down on the throttle to see if there is a sweet spot but I cannot purposely get it to move fast. It usually happens when I'm not really trying. I'm not racing, I'm just trying to merge onto the access road from a side street and the truck actually move and move fast so I can merge with traffic. With all the power the 6.4 has, I thought it would at least be comparable to the acceleration my 1500 had.