Pedal Commander for 6.4 Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyo2track

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi w/ 4.10's
Like 15Blue said above, there are times once in a blue moon where I step on the skinny pedal and the truck MOVES! QUOTE]

One time for whatever reason I was hitched up to my camper and accelerated with about 1/4 throttle and the truck pulled like crazy. Hasn't done it since just the normal lag ever since. Don't know what happened that one time but I liked it! If this can recreate that I'm in!

I'm with you fellas! I've experienced this usually after a good towing sequence and I'm unloaded. Seems the truck still thinks it has a load and comes out of the gate hard charging and full of *****! PULLS hard thru 1st and shifts crisply into 2nd maintaining power and momentum. I'm watching these reviews for sure.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Dammit!!! It's all Matt's fault.... I ordered mine yesterday ;)

So I'll see if it lives up to the hype.

Like 15Blue said above, there are times once in a blue moon where I step on the skinny pedal and the truck MOVES! But 99% of the time it lags. I can floor it and the engine revs but goes no where fast. Other times there is a 2 - 3 second delay before the rpms climb and the truck screams and still goes no where fast. Then there are times that the truck just picks up and goes with ~1/4 to 1/2 input. This is during my daily commute so it's all in the same spots. I've played with how much I push down on the throttle to see if there is a sweet spot but I cannot purposely get it to move fast. It usually happens when I'm not really trying. I'm not racing, I'm just trying to merge onto the access road from a side street and the truck actually move and move fast so I can merge with traffic. With all the power the 6.4 has, I thought it would at least be comparable to the acceleration my 1500 had.

I was skeptical of this thing but figured what the hell since they offered a refund if you dont like it. Itll fix all of the lag issues you mentioned. I will say the truck still doesnt feel as fast as my 1500 but it feels much more "powerful" than the 1500. And it does move quick for its weight. Youll be happy with the PC.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I routed the cable under the map pocket then dropped it in the pocket and can access it as needed. I didn't want it mounted in sight. It's completely hidden this way. 594d69dfbfd8a9d1623d34535e7686bb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I routed mine the same way after seeing this post. :favorites13:

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Gonna install my Pedal commander next week.Will update :naughty:

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Does the pedal commander work on the 3500 too?

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well I ordered my PC on Tuesday and got it yesterday!! THANKS MATT!!

It took about 3 minutes to install. It started up in Sport+ and it was a little too sensitive for me. I moved it to City 4 and Sport 1-4. I still need to play with it to see where I like it.

Can't say I love it yet. I still need to play with the settings and get more seat time to see what it can really do. So far I am liking it - only about 20 miles during my daily commute. I need more city driving to see about the get up and go. I will say it does solve the irritating lag issue.

As early as it is, I'd say it's worth the $$ I spent.

Jeffb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 v6
What does everyone think about the Pedal Commander on the 6.4?

My truck lugs at low speed and I'm wondering if the PC fixes that. Also, sometimes you have to move the pedal a significant amount before the engine responds at all. This is annoying and I'm wondering if the Pedal Commander would help.

Any inputs on it are welcome.
Ive installed it on my wifes ecodiesel and on my 5.7l. Well worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Will keep an eye on this for sure.

mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I got it and love it so far. My PW still wont smoke the tires but feels strong when I push the skinny down!!!

15BlueStreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I can see this thing making driving more pleasurable. It does not really give truck any more power though really as it does nothing for engine timing or fueling. I wonder how much difference it would really make towing heavy loads like in the 9-10k range.

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is supposed to arrive on Wednesday, I'll let you know I tow at least 5 days a week. I hope it makes a difference. This will be something quick and easy to do, still haven't got my gear swap done due to making time for that. I think once gears are in and PC should be a whole new driving experience.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Installed my pedal commander today.My findings,a lot more throttle response in city,sport and sport 1 all set in the #4 highest setting.For now I have left it in city #3 setting.It might just be me but my truck seems to shift better with the pedal commander installed. :happy107:

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got and installed mine, can really tell a difference, will be towing tomorrow will update after that.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So I've had a few days with the PC.

Do NOT buy it... unless you want less mpg. It's FUN to mash the pedal and the truck scream down the street! I still can't break the tires lose (unless I'm taking a turn), but there is definitely a big difference in the response to the pedal.

I'm running it in City 4. It still has a little room to push the pedal before it really kicks in. I like that for the parking lot and the necessary slow speed stuff. Then you can tell there is a point where it really kicks in.

The truck doesn't go any faster than it did before, but it gets up to speed much faster. There isn't the 1-2 second delay. Before I could literally put the pedal to the floor and it took a second or two for the rpms to climb and the truck to start moving. It still bogs down a little, but now when I want the truck to move quick, it does.

I'm going to start trying the Sport modes next.

***** I'm definitely satisfied with my purchase. No extra horsepower or anything, but it's NOT snakeoil.

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok here are my initial thought on PC after one day of towing roughly 115miles. First sport and sport plus are way to aggressive at least for my liking, pretty good in city mode, tried settings between -3 and +2. Ran most of the day at city -2 was towing 7-7.5K and crossed a mountain with a 10% grade. Truck stayed in 5th gear a lot more than normal, seemed to shift quicker, held in a higher gear better or longer on grades, did the obnoxious 4-2 shift a few times but was a lot less annoying than without PC (seemed to be a much more instant shift with immediate results). Can't tell much difference in fuel milage, if anything maybe slightly better? Overall I am pleased with PC like anything I'm sure I still need to play with settings to see whats best in my application, but would recommend it. Can't wait to find time to have gear swap done then I think it will be assume. P.S. order from Moe's.