Picked up the new Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Picked up the new 2500 Laramie Hemi on Saturday. It was delivered at least 7 days ahead of schedule. The dealer said it's the fastest theyve ever seen a 2500 come in. At first I was a little worried there would be quality issues or something, but nope. Everything looks perfect. The leather, paint, fitment of panels inside and out. Definitely pumped about the early delivery.

I have driven a couple of 2500’s before (non Bilstein models) and they drove very good for HDs, but man, this Laramie with the Bilstein shocks rides GREAT for a HD. ****. I might dare say I like the way it rides better than my 1500 did w/ Bilstein 5100's. You can just feel how much more substantial and heavy it is, but in all the right ways. I aired down the tires to 65 all around for now and it barely even bounces on the ****** pot holed Michigan roads. No warning from the TPMS. What pressure does it yell at you?

Its amazing how far the HD trucks have come. Used to feel like you were just in a fight after you drove one. Now I’m bummed I have to park it and get out.

Spent some time yesterday upgrading the third brake light seal and threw on some Mopar side steps. I thought about going with AMPs but just couldn’t pull the trigger on those. At least not now. Too much coin. These Mopar ones are really nice and I got this set for $450 bucks shipped and they will most def serve the purpose. Not going to lie, they were more of a PITA to install than I thought they would be lol. But worth it to save $200+ labor from the dealer.

I’ve barely even had a chance to really drive the truck yet but looking forward to breaking it in and seeing how fuel economy goes. Power def seems to be strong and really starts kicking you back in your seat as it hits the power band. And I have yet to push the pedal more than 1/2 down. I did order the 4.10s. Looking at probably fall for a few mods like level, tires. Maybe a muffler swap.

Will post a few pics later.

Last edited:

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Congrats!!! What color did you get?

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I ordered Granite Crystal. Here are a few pics. Don't have any of the interior at the moment, but I did order it with the bench seat just because I like the extra space it seems to provide and it's much more unique to see.

Here's how she sat at the dealer
97HVk5K.jpg

XGwogu2.jpg

beOUNo9.jpg

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good looking truck. Looking forward to seeing the mods come in.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Nice, granite crystal is where it's at! Wish I had some color matched flares like yours...

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice!

Good to see another offroad package owner! She looks great, and yes, the ride quality is superb for a 3/4 ton vehicle with the factory Bilsteins. You plan on doing anything else to her in the recent?

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Thanks guys

Nice!

Good to see another offroad package owner! She looks great, and yes, the ride quality is superb for a 3/4 ton vehicle with the factory Bilsteins. You plan on doing anything else to her in the recent?

I was going to try and wait a few months before mods but now Im already about to pull the trigger on a muffler. These trucks def need more sound to go with their physical presense. Plus the factory unit is so restrictive. Im probably going to go with the mufflex kit since its direct fit and it seems to be what im looking for in sound level. I loved the Magnaflow i had on my 1500. Thought the sound quality was very nice. Could anyone comment on how difficult it is pulling off the factory muffler on these 6.4s?

I also have a Pedal Commander unit that i am going to put on soon but wanted to wait for the first 500 miles or so for the computers to learn and the Hemi to break in a little.

Hemipowrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys

I was going to try and wait a few months before mods but now Im already about to pull the trigger on a muffler. These trucks def need more sound to go with their physical presense. Plus the factory unit is so restrictive. Im probably going to go with the mufflex kit since its direct fit and it seems to be what im looking for in sound level. I loved the Magnaflow i had on my 1500. Thought the sound quality was very nice. Could anyone comment on how difficult it is pulling off the factory muffler on these 6.4s?

I also have a Pedal Commander unit that i am going to put on soon but wanted to wait for the first 500 miles or so for the computers to learn and the Hemi to break in a little.
I swapped the factory muffler on my 2016 for the mufflex magnaflow. It was very easy with just a impact wrench and about an hour of time! The best mod so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree! Such a beast truck and motor with little sound. I definitely will upgrade the muffler too. Will also help with a bad ass tip. I can't stand the stupid ugly resonator in plain view

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks guys

Sounds like fun. And both of those could be easily removed if there was any major issue on the truck and you needed to visit the dealer.

Have fun, and post up a video of it and your take on the interior sound level once you get the muffler on.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Ended up ordering the Mufflex/Magnaflow kit yesterday. They shipped it out last night and it’s supposed to arrive tomorrow. I’m hoping I’ll have time to do it Friday or Sat. Really looking forward to hearing a little rumble out of that 6.4. This factory sound is just not acceptable lol. Hearing my Scat Pack and then the Ram…its just a WTF moment lol.

All jokes aside, I get why they do it this way from the factory. But that leaves us consumers to have some fun. Looking forward to seeing if there is an increase in MPG with this muffler. Right now the truck’s calculating me at 10.8 MPG (in reality prob a little less) with mostly all city driving and very little back roads over the past 3 days. My work week is pretty much all city. I have not been driving it hard but not been really babying it either. So I’m not complaining at all. My old 1500 was telling me 12.5 last week which was a record since last October or so. So 1.5-2 MPG difference so far. If I could get an extra 1MPG more out of the new muffler I’ll be stoked.

Anyone else see an MPG increase with the Mufflex set up?

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Enjoy! Beaituful looking truck! I know i love my 17 and its a tradesman.

What specifically did you do with that 3rd brake light seal? Any pics? I should probably do mine before it leaks

Good luck with it. And yes, the 6.4 has a lot of juice!

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I replaced the factory seal with some of this stuff...

M-D Building Products 19/32 in. x 10 ft. EPDM Cellular Rubber Auto and Marine Weatherstrip-01033 - The Home Depot

There are also a couple of videos on Youtube. It made the fit of the light housing to the cab much more snug. We are supposed to get down pours for the next two days here in MI, so its going to be battle tested lol.

FCA actually has a fix for this, the tech will use some Mopar branded RTV silicone paste from a tube. It's all well and good until you have to pull the light housing back off to replace a dead bulb.

Last edited:

whsk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
love my off-road package!

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Congrats! I love that color I have the 16 with the 4.10 gears in it, you mileage will start going up when you start to get around 12,000 mines is getting real good mileages. In the city I get about 12-13 mpg and on the highway I have gotten as much as 17.5 mpg, you might do a little better because I live the the Pacific Northwest.

67Guzzler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nice Laramie Hemi 6.4L Truck! I like the off-road option too but didn't opt for it.

Here are a few things I've done so far to my truck and links to posts here in the forum with 411:

Vinyl Delete:

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/2017_2500_4x4_laramie_short_box_6_4l_hemi-95875/index5.html#post1485896

Painted Resonator:

http://www.ramforum.com/f158/should_i_cut_off_resonater-100221/index2.html#post1482985

LED Reverse & Cargo Lights:

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/2017_2500_4x4_laramie_short_box_6_4l_hemi-95875/index2.html#post1448098

General Lighting Updates (LED's):

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/2017_2500_4x4_laramie_short_box_6_4l_hemi-95875/index5.html#post1459388

Congrats again & enjoy!

-Guzzler