Power Wagon front suspension to level 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
What were you at out the door? About $530-ish ?

Did you measure the trackbars at all? Is the PW trackbar a little longer than the 2500 one?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just read this thing again- one thing I didn't notice and can't belive I didn't catch last time. Did you put a form or shock extensions on? Or a "power wagon shock"? Reason I ask is with that 2" of more spring at full extension you may over extend the factory shock and break it. Just curious is all.

OP
OP
Kingsize

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What were you at out the door? About $530-ish ?

Did you measure the trackbars at all? Is the PW trackbar a little longer than the 2500 one?

PW trackbar is around 1/4" longer.

Just read this thing again- one thing I didn't notice and can't belive I didn't catch last time. Did you put a form or shock extensions on? Or a "power wagon shock"? Reason I ask is with that 2" of more spring at full extension you may over extend the factory shock and break it. Just curious is all.

I used the PW front shocks. I just mentioned the factory Bilstein shocks since they paired well with the ones I already had in the rear due to the Off Road package on my truck. The PW shocks are much longer at full extension than the Off Road Bilsteins.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm wondering if the PW radius arms are longer as well? When the axle moves down (away from the frame) it shifts back slightly in an arch. With my 3" spacers and 37" tires, I get slight rub at full lock. I'm probably going to trim a good chunk outta the fender liners, but iif I had 1/8" to 1/4" longer radius arms, it would clear perfectly.

Anyone know if the lengths are longer?

OP
OP
Kingsize

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Lengths are exactly the same. The difference is that the seperated upper link on the PW radius arm allows for more suspension movement when at full articulation before bind occurs.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm wondering if the PW radius arms are longer as well? When the axle moves down (away from the frame) it shifts back slightly in an arch. With my 3" spacers and 37" tires, I get slight rub at full lock. I'm probably going to trim a good chunk outta the fender liners, but iif I had 1/8" to 1/4" longer radius arms, it would clear perfectly.

Anyone know if the lengths are longer?
The fronts might be the same but the rears are different lengths, the mounts are different where they mount to the axle.

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kingsize

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The fronts might be the same but the rears are different lengths, the mounts are different where they mount to the axle.

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

The rear drop down bracket for the track bar is different as well. It sits lower to help keep the track bar flatter.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The rear drop down bracket for the track bar is different as well. It sits lower to help keep the track bar flatter.

The only difference between a standard Hemi 2500 and a Power Wagon rear suspension is the springs, shocks, and trackbar mount on the axle. The arms are exactly the same. The trackbar mount on the axle is taller and the frame mount is the same.

It looks like this:

DUpOSU7.jpg

OP
OP
Kingsize

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only difference between a standard Hemi 2500 and a Power Wagon rear suspension is the springs, shocks, and trackbar mount on the axle. The arms are exactly the same. The trackbar mount on the axle is taller and the frame mount is the same.

It looks like this:

DUpOSU7.jpg

Yep... Sorry for that. Went and checked my notes from a PowerWagon Registry member I spoke too before I did all this. You are right, it is the axle side mount, NOT the frame side. Thank you for the correction. :happy107:

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just get the above for the rear and problem solved. Better than the power wagon track bar and designed to work with the non power wagon rear suspension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
On just a level, how necessary is it to replace the track bar?

OP
OP
Kingsize

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
All I did was the front. The rear is 100% the way it came from the factory, with no intent on changing it.

OP
OP
Kingsize

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So front track bar is necessary?

The front PW track bar was an 1/8" to a 1/4" longer to compensate for the increased height, so IMO yes. Unless you want an off centered axle under your vebicle. The PW bar has it centered perfectly now.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
The front PW track bar was an 1/8" to a 1/4" longer to compensate for the increased height, so IMO yes. Unless you want an off centered axle under your vebicle. The PW bar has it centered perfectly now.

Really that's it? Seems negligible to me but I'm inexperienced when it comes to leveling trucks. I was just about to ask you if you had a side by side comparison pic