R46 Another Recall And Steering Related

Are you satified with the build quality of your truck

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogueknightatx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Having said all that, I'm giving pretty serious thought to buying the lifetime bumper to bumber warranty!

I bought the Mopar lifetime on my 14 -- seemed like a no brainer.
That said, I have now had 5 recalls. Had all repaired/inspected less this weld issue. I will get under the truck tonight and see what the welds look like.

FlatLandRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This would be recall number 5 in less than a year. (60000km and still going) Not to mention the steering column wiring issue is on hold for atleast 6 months due to the shop being overwhelmed and now a steering issue that they don't have a fix for... Over all I love the truck, build quality is sub par imo compared to past trucks in the last 10 years. I have had evap leaks, faulty sensors and all the electrical gremlins. Given that I didn't buy my truck to baby it and it has taken all the crap I can give it. Puts the HD gas job fords and gm's to shame.

daryl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel 385hp
2014 3500 DRW 4x4 LIMITED (recall)

The frt end now my frt tires are wearing out on the outside edge wonder if thats why? Ram dealer said no you must rotate every 3 months But its both outside edges! He thinks rotating? Love the truck pulls great, great fit and finish too. Starting to hate the dealerships. $74K i thought they were a freind.I hopped they were a freind. Is tire wear like this normal???? THXs

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
just had some recalls checked out at the dealership today. the wiring problem was fixed and they checked out the track bar bracket to find nothing wrong. they also had a tsb for the pcm that was done. so far the recalls that ive gotten were absolutely minor with the exception of the track bar issue. that being said ive driven chevy's in way worse shape down the road at work that had wayyyy more issues than a cracked weld in the track bar bracket lol. overall this truck has been great and the only real issue i had was the check engine light at 1200 miles which was just a software update. the rear end noise i thought i had ended up being the dealership not torquing my lug nuts properly and my tires were out of balance. other than a couple glitches in the radio and some mistakes during production, this truck has been perfect. having driven several 2015 chevy 2500s at work i can honestly say this is a much better truck. you folks should see the stack of recalls on the 2014s that we just ignore as well. if you guys thing we're getting a lot of recalls, think again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo