R46 recall, dealer doesn't recognize

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhorst

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got the track bar frame bracket fail recall in the mail...brought it to the dealer today while they were doing my other 15,000 mile service things and they said "We don't know what to do with this one yet, so we can't do this one". Kind of like they haven't even been notified by Chrysler yet? Seems crazy that a a "separated front suspension track bar frame bracket will cause diminished steering response and could cause a crash without warning" might be an important one to tell the dealer how to fix? Anyone else experience this or is my dealer just crap? They are also the ones who couldn't rotate my tires because the suspension lift on my truck wouldn't let them secure it on their lift?

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Maybe they just mean they can't fix it yet since there have not been parts released for it or a fix for that matter. Expected in March of 2016 I believe. All they can do is inspect it for now.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
There were two notices sent out, the first just said the dealer would look at it and deem if it was at risk, but that FCA had no fix at that time and was working on it. Fast forward to the second notice which I received about a week ago saying dealers will install temporary brackets as a temporary fix until a permanent solution is devised.

I have not brought mine in yet will at next oil change. I do know I do not want any of those jackasses drilling grinding or welding on my frame, they can't even change a light bulb without damaging something.

This really makes you wonder one of two things:
1. Is this recall really that big of a deal that they are being so lax about it
or
2. FCA is still just as screwed up as they were in dealing with prior year recalls that caused the NHTSA to impose the record penalties and forced buyback against them.

For my money I choose option 2, hell they may **** around with this long enough to force a buyback on our trucks. But based on the way they are handling the current buyback most of us won't live long enough to see it.

hemiguy93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I tried to take mine in today actually, I was gonna have them take care of the last 3 recalls, and some dash lights that started coming on. Long story short there was miscommunication and they thought I was only wanting the dash lights dealt with, and that they didn't have the manpower to do it all today, said I would leave it but I was going to need a rental. Said bc my truck was at 46,000 miles past the basic warranty I would have to pay for a rental...BS since that's a manufacture issue. Anyway I just took it back bc I didn't have alternative ride. But yes my dealership was being a pain too.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So they want give ya a rental unless ya still n the 36k warranty? Damn that's screwed up I was planning on dropping my off next week I got 7 recalls I ain't had time to get done I know there were probably gonna want to keep mine over night or a couple days to get all done, Im'a have to check into this