Rattle Trap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
When it finally warmed up here last week, my truck has turned into a rattle bucket.

The drivers seat is squeaking again. It was fixed last fall when they found a locating tab that should have been removed in production...but it's back again.

The brake pedal is squeaking.

The engine is making an intermittent sort of mouse squeak sound too when at idle.

And best of all, the non-modified rear drivers side suspension is squeaking (from somewhere).

It's going into the shop on Thurs, but man what the heck?

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Yep, since it's gotten warm, my overhead map light console has started buzzing like crazy. It's infuriating... Truck is a month old. It's going in next week.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My brake pedal squeeks too, just started. Nothing a little grease wont fix. I have the squeely idle too, wonder if its a 6.4 thing.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
My brake pedal squeeks too, just started. Nothing a little grease wont fix. I have the squeely idle too, wonder if its a 6.4 thing.

My wife's Wrangler has the same squeaking brake pedal and no amount of greasing has fixed it. Supposedly the dealer has fixed mine but we'll see.

On a side note, while the service manager was driving my truck in traffic, the brake pedal went hard as a rock. A little investigation back at the shop revealed that the brake booster took a dive. They are replacing it (supposedly) today.

They also claim to have fixed the seat squeak but of course "can't verify" the rear suspension squeak which was my biggest concern because it makes my $50k+ truck sound like a POS.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
My wife's Wrangler has the same squeaking brake pedal and no amount of greasing has fixed it. Supposedly the dealer has fixed mine but we'll see.

On a side note, while the service manager was driving my truck in traffic, the brake pedal went hard as a rock. A little investigation back at the shop revealed that the brake booster took a dive. They are replacing it (supposedly) today.

They also claim to have fixed the seat squeak but of course "can't verify" the rear suspension squeak which was my biggest concern because it makes my $50k+ truck sound like a POS.

Just thought I'd follow up. After the dealership replaced the power steering pump and all the pulley's they replaced the water pump and that fixed the mouse/chittering/squealy sound that was coming from the engine.