Recall #8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just got my EIGHTH recall on my 2014 2500. This is another on the track bar frame bracket. The first recall on this was inspected by the dealer and determined it wasn't cracked. This new notice mentions inspection, if not cracked then brackets will be added to strengthen the bracket.
These recalls are really getting old having to take the truck in numerous times to fix Rams screw ups. They need to bring their manufacturing back to the USA and maybe we wouldn't have as many problems. Just my rant for today.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Keeping track will just lead to you being annoyed. I take mine in for oil changes and just have the things taken care of then. I don't believe it's a matter of worse manufacturing but rather more complex vehicles (and more attorneys chasing problems).

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
8 isn't an abnormally high number. I've had worse from GM, Ford and Chrysler.

#8 is a bit of a double up on the same thing but that's because FCA was convinced that inspection was not the solution, even if no cracks were observed. So they have to do it all over again and, this time, install the brackets.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Just got my EIGHTH recall on my 2014 2500. This is another on the track bar frame bracket. The first recall on this was inspected by the dealer and determined it wasn't cracked. This new notice mentions inspection, if not cracked then brackets will be added to strengthen the bracket.
These recalls are really getting old having to take the truck in numerous times to fix Rams screw ups. They need to bring their manufacturing back to the USA and maybe we wouldn't have as many problems. Just my rant for today.

I think they are having more problems with the 1500 in Warren Michigan. My opinion is that the 6.4 is a new motor for the HD trucks & they are still working the bugs out. I don't think they are having as much trouble over the last 6 months with it.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think they are having more problems with the 1500 in Warren Michigan. My opinion is that the 6.4 is a new motor for the HD trucks & they are still working the bugs out. I don't think they are having as much trouble over the last 6 months with it.

I bought a new 2004 and 2009. (1500's) Never had a recall or any problem with either one. Both made in USA. Probably not the problem but more of an engineering fiasco. But I would still like to see the jobs come back here.

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think the are repeats.... I got that one plus today I got another one for the wires under the steering column.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just got home after reading this and the recall notice was in the mail. I called the dealer and he was still thinking it was just an inspection thing. When I read the letter to him he admitted he hadn't even seen the notification that it's more than just an inspection now. Sounds like they need the truck for 3+ hours. It could be several days if they find the actual failure.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Meh, these recalls don't bother me. As someone mentioned above, GM and Ford both have had many recalls.

For me, I'd rather they were proactive like this instead of waiting till enough people complain about a problem.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yeah, I receive one the other day, or should I say another one for the same thing I will go to the dealer and see what they say but I'm planning on trading it in anyway.

OP
OP
sandawilliams

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I just got home after reading this and the recall notice was in the mail. I called the dealer and he was still thinking it was just an inspection thing. When I read the letter to him he admitted he hadn't even seen the notification that it's more than just an inspection now. Sounds like they need the truck for 3+ hours. It could be several days if they find the actual failure.

Yesterday I called the dealer and questioned the new recall as they had inspected it before and said it was OK. They explained that the new recall says they must re-inspect and if not cracked they HAD to put on the additional brackets. They ordered the brackets and scheduled me for three weeks out to bring the truck in for repair. About three hours to complete.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i personally think it's not WHERE it's made,more like where are they sourcing the materials from.maybe using too much recycled crap?

daynawide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummings
Had it done Monday took all day but they gave me a rental.I was the first one they did.It went ok not a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Had it done Monday took all day but they gave me a rental.I was the first one they did.It went ok not a big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can you post a picture of the reinforcement bracket? I'm not too keen on them drilling holes through my frame.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Can you post a picture of the reinforcement bracket? I'm not too keen on them drilling holes through my frame.

There's about 5 holes that have to be drilled. What are you worried about? The holes aren't going to weaken the frame if that's what you're worried about.

This is what it looks like installed.

zelfpnM.jpg

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There's about 5 holes that have to be drilled. What are you worried about? The holes aren't going to weaken the frame if that's what you're worried about.

This is what it looks like installed.

zelfpnM.jpg
Well, if a competent person were to do it I wouldn't be as worried, but most of the techs at local dealerships take 4 trips to fix a simple spoiler rattle let alone drill holes into a frame in the correct spots. My main concern is corrosion though, that bracket, bolts and inside of the frame will be covered in rust in one Michigan winter.

2robinhood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 3500 SRW crew cab
Engine
6.4l gas
I'm going to take a look at my 2016 and see if mine looks anything like that.

Last edited:

RAMYOU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is it just for the rear?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I have an appointment on the 14th to have mines done.