steering wander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironhayden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have 2014 2500 with the 6.4 hemi and I feel like when I'm on the highway that at time it wanders all over the road. It's really starting to **** me off. Is there anybody else having this problem. Also is there any fix to it. I did see the rough country has some kind of steering box support. Not sure if it would help or not. But I also have a plow on the truck so I'm not sure if I would be able to use it because it hooks up at the sway bar and the plow gram mounts to the same spot.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just saw that there is a recall on power steering boxes for 14+ 2500's. It wasn't on Rams site someone posted a email they received from ram. Maybe do a vin search to see if there's a recall.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I don't know about the 2014 app, and I don't know specifically about the RC steering stabilizer, but I bought one which mounted in a similar fashion for my 01 3500 4x4 dually, and I had to make my own nut/ pittman shaft extender, because the nut in the kit was so poorly machined it would have stripped the threads.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I have 2014 2500 with the 6.4 hemi and I feel like when I'm on the highway that at time it wanders all over the road. It's really starting to **** me off. Is there anybody else having this problem. Also is there any fix to it. I did see the rough country has some kind of steering box support. Not sure if it would help or not. But I also have a plow on the truck so I'm not sure if I would be able to use it because it hooks up at the sway bar and the plow gram mounts to the same spot.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk so please don't take it that way, but are you used to driving trucks with rotating ball steering? If you're used to the rack and pinion on modern cars it's going to feel like your truck is wandering or floating around.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
What is the air pressure in your tires?

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't mean to sound like a jerk so please don't take it that way, but are you used to driving trucks with rotating ball steering? If you're used to the rack and pinion on modern cars it's going to feel like your truck is wandering or floating around.

I was definitely not used to it lol. I never really thought there was anything wrong, just attributed it to driving a solid front axle truck.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
if you are running 80 psi all the way around as the manufacturer suggests you're going to have some wander, thats why i asked... up front should really about about 60 psi...

OP
OP
ironhayden

ironhayden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I run 65 psi front and 55 in the rear. The truck didn't seem to be like this when I bought it. I realize it a 2500 and it should not be as tight as Mt 1500 was but I don't think I should feel as I'm all over the road.

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
I run 65 psi front and 55 in the rear. The truck didn't seem to be like this when I bought it. I realize it a 2500 and it should not be as tight as Mt 1500 was but I don't think I should feel as I'm all over the road.

65 with the hemi up front is still a little over inflated in my opinion. I run 60 with the cummins on top of the front axle.

are you running the stock tires or have you swapped them out?