Sun roof, question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MACOTAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
I recently purchased a 2016 3500 with sun roof. I have noticed when I drive it and have the initial interior cover for the roof open and the sun roof closed, I hear the distinct sound of air whirling around towards the rear of the sun roof. I do not hear it when the interior cover is closed.

I have placed my hand up there and can feel a slight breeze and cold air.

I have also noticed looking at the sun roof from the out side that the rear of the sun roof sits approximately a 1/4 inch high above roof line, when in the closed position.

I am taking the truck to the dealer tomorrow to fix an interior door light that is out and will ask them about this.

Just wondering if this has been seen before and addressed? Did a search "sun roof" with no luck. Thanks

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It does sound as if your sunroof is partially out of line and needs to be adjusted. I have had three Rams with the factory sunroof and none of them had the issues you mention.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine doesn't do that, would definitely get it checked out by the dealer.

OP
OP
MACOTAC

MACOTAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Got the truck back from the dealer, sun roof was re adjusted and seems to be better. No road noise of wind like I was hear before.

Had them install the rear cargo bed LED lights while it was there. All 2016 models have the wires pre done so just plug and play.