Switch from 3.73 to 4.10 or CTD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RoadDog66

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks, it was between Bright White and this Delmonico Red. When i saw this one it was all over. It looks amazing in the sun and gets darker as the sun goes down. It took a few minutes to get used to way the diesel puts power down after having driven gas vehicles my whole life, but I'm enjoying it.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Beautiful truck.

I know you probably don't want to tune it and void your warranty so I would recommend a BD throttle booster which will help with the off the line peppiness and feel. It can be unplugged in literally a minute if you need to take it in, and it doesn't do anything to the ECM to void powertrain warranty.

OP
OP
RoadDog66

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Beautiful truck.

I know you probably don't want to tune it and void your warranty so I would recommend a BD throttle booster which will help with the off the line peppiness and feel. It can be unplugged in literally a minute if you need to take it in, and it doesn't do anything to the ECM to void powertrain warranty.

Cool thanks I'll check into that. Definitely don't want to mess up the warranty. Plus i got the 5yr service package in the deal and don't want to lose out on that.

15BlueStreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
What does the 6.4 lack that makes you want a 6.2-6.7?

It lacks the nicer Ford transmission. Engine sometimes does not inspire confidence with its lifter noise and intermittent smoking at times. Also my need to just most likely waste money. LOL:favorites13: Most likely the last point. YOLO. I really do think the 6.4 puts down some good power and is really fun to drive. Not trying to steer people away from it just putting out there what I experience with my truck. 10k miles is not a lot of miles for a new engine. So maybe mine just needs to break in more.

Last edited:

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hey you a-hole... what happened to the MEGA CAB you've been clammering about? I didn't even realize it was a crew cab when you texted me... Maybe next year when you get your next new one, am I right?

OP
OP
RoadDog66

RoadDog66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What does the 6.4 lack that makes you want a 6.2-6.7?

I loved my 6.4 as a daily driver (except at the pumps), but really disliked towing with it. The transmission shift points and unnecessarily overcomplicated computers made it a chore to pull a moderate to heavy load and forced the truck to be manually shifted. And the fact I typically saw under 7 mpg towing I just couldn't take it anymore.

I should have listened to all my camping buddies and gone CTD in the beginning (and yes that includes you Spoon). As for a Mega cab, it would have been my first choice and nice to store more crap behind the seats. But since it didn't really affect leg room and the seats didn't slide or recline it wasn't worth passing up a great deal on the Crew Cab I found. Here it is all clean & shiny.

Attachments

• 20170503_140138_resized.jpg
    20170503_140138_resized.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 37
  • PhotoEditor-1493863239903_resized.jpg
    PhotoEditor-1493863239903_resized.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

440hsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Just as SouthTexan said, get the BD Throttle Sensitivity Booster. I got it on my truck and you can tell a difference from a stand still. Definitely nice to get the Ole Girl goin. Doesn't add power or anything but i highly recommend it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

LDBagger17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Talked to Arrington they are doing 6.4 superchargers now, they told me 11-11.5K and takes 3 weeks. thats crazy imop.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So much better off just buying a diesel at that price cost lol

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I loved my 6.4 as a daily driver (except at the pumps), but really disliked towing with it. The transmission shift points and unnecessarily overcomplicated computers made it a chore to pull a moderate to heavy load and forced the truck to be manually shifted. And the fact I typically saw under 7 mpg towing I just couldn't take it anymore.

I should have listened to all my camping buddies and gone CTD in the beginning (and yes that includes you Spoon). As for a Mega cab, it would have been my first choice and nice to store more crap behind the seats. But since it didn't really affect leg room and the seats didn't slide or recline it wasn't worth passing up a great deal on the Crew Cab I found. Here it is all clean & shiny.

Nice. I would personally prefer a long bed, but that middle seat in the back is a no go for me. Our 15 yr old girl is 5'10", and the 13 yr old is right behind her at 5'8". The younger boys are all the tallest in their age groups. No telling how tall they will end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk