Tailgate Led Light Strip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I got this - the only problem - the wires were too short! I had to splice in 4 wires to make it reach the 4 pin connector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014QWHL36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wires not long enough to reach 4 pin connector. The seller should post the length of the 4 pin connector wires and which side the wires belong on the truck so customers can measure it before buying.
The wires come out of the strip on the drivers side. My 4 pin connector is located on the right side of my licence plate. I had to splice in about 8-10 inches of wire on each of the 4 wires to get the connector to the plug. It cost me a trip to home depot and $17 for connectors, wires, crimping tool and electrical sealing fluid.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the Recon's on my 13 1500 and they worked well. They did cover a portion of the hole that you use to lower the spare. You can mount the lights a little higher but you still have to keep in mind if you mount them to high you will break them all when you lower the tailgate. If you mount them to low they will be blocked by the bumper----so it's kind of a crap shoot. The 3M two sided tape does a good job, just clean the surface really good before you mount the lights. I taped into the existing wiring for the strip cause I had to tap into the reverse light anyway. If you plug into your 4 flat I don't think the reverse light will work. I think that they even make one that the turn signals are sequential however they ain't cheap.
Jay

maliburacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I have one of these strip lights. It works great with the key on, engine off, but when you start the truck up it doesn't work anymore. Very strange.