A Tale of 4 Exhausts on a 6.4 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I absolutely love the Magnaflow 14 series on my R/T. I have had many different exhaust setups but nothing beats the 14. To avoid any drone I just tow/haul and bam. Oh and no resonator for this fella. Cheers and great write up.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
i installed a 50 series flowmaster and kept the resonator. no drone in my opinion, but sounds strange when the mds comes on. so, i run in tow haul mode almost all the time. cheers comrades!

OP
OP
Stampederfan

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I ended up going with the 12909 putting the resonator back on. Its exactly what i was looking for. I tow a 30 ft toy hauler and hated the droning from the mf si/do with no resonator.

Thank you stampederfan for the write up!

No problem - glad you found it useful. Exhausts are pretty subjective, each to their own.

OP
OP
Stampederfan

Stampederfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
i installed a 50 series flowmaster and kept the resonator. no drone in my opinion, but sounds strange when the mds comes on. so, i run in tow haul mode almost all the time. cheers comrades!

Yeah I thought about trying the 50HD as well with stock resonator but got tired of messing with my setup. Maybe in a year or two I'll try it.

Championbrett23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’ve got my magnaflow 12909, now I can’t find anyone to install it. I can’t find anyone that can bend 3.5” pipe to make this muffler fit. Its got a Center and offset inlet outlet and I don’t see how it can be installed without bending 3.5” pipe. Anyone have any insight to help me out?

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’ve got my magnaflow 12909, now I can’t find anyone to install it. I can’t find anyone that can bend 3.5” pipe to make this muffler fit. Its got a Center and offset inlet outlet and I don’t see how it can be installed without bending 3.5” pipe. Anyone have any insight to help me out?
This is exactly why I went with the mufflex over just the muffler. At one point I could have gotten that muffler for $120 vs the $300 I spent on the mufflex but not one shop around me could even work with 3.5" let alone had stainless 3.5" in stock. So by the time you find a shop, pay for a section of pipe and pay for the installation you are at the price of the mufflex.

Phil21502

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just had my y-pipe cut out and had duals ran with a dual in/out spintech 3000 with dual tailpipes dumped after axle. It's quieter than the single 3" areoturbine I had before. However it is a lot deeper and I mean a lot deeper cruising. It gets a bit raspy when u really hammer it but that doesn't bother me. I'll tell u that factory y pipe is a piece of crap. My pipes were more than halfway smashed.

ETX Ram

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Great writeup Stampederfan! Just the info I needed to know.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How many of us still have our 6.4”s? I know I don’t have mine any more...
I know mad dog doesn’t have his...
I will say my Mufflex did sound good, just a little raspy at high rpm, but still sounded good.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
still have mine. never liked the mufflex but I think I'm finally used to it and the drone. my truck is getting on to 4 years old so not planning on throwing more money into it. anyway, pretty much gave up on Corsa ever doing an exhaust for the 6.4. assuming they can't bend 3.5 tubing.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Traded Mine in for a 2018 Cummins. Initially installed a Magnaflow 19200 exhaust. The Drone was Horrible. Figured out to just shift into Manual mode and eliminate the MDS Drone. Worked well. The Muffler though just got worse and found the Solo Performance Mach 82. Much better Quality and Sound.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Good comparison and info. I had the Mufflex w/ resonator set up since the truck was practically brand new. Did just enough for me to get some sound. It actually did make it a heck of a lot louder sounding than stock. Stock is down right pathetic. It is especially louder at cold starts and WOT. But it’s still not super loud by any means. To me it just kind of sounds like you think it would from the factory now. Which is what I wanted on the truck. For comparison my bone stock Scat Pack with the valves full open sounds twice as loud to the naked ear everywhere and even at warm idle it was around 15 db louder. The jacked up Y pipe and single exit are never going to sound like a dual.