TCM Transmission Control Module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Last Friday my 2016 2500 went into limp mode while coming off the highway. Called FCA roadside and had it towed to a local dealership. They called me later in the day to let me know is was a bad TCM and that they had to special order one and it would take a few days. Get a call yesterday and they say it will be little bit on the part as it is now on backorder. Anyone hear of an issue with the TCM or have any experience with this?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I hear about TCM communication issues all the time. Usually they are a momentary code.

I also hear about backorder on a LOT of parts for the newer Gen 4 trucks. I guess everything they have on hand is allocated to production, not spares, at this point.

Good luck.

jpsfj60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 HD
Engine
That's not your TCM. Tell the master tech to check pin fitment issues. I have already
been thru this problem with my 16 2500HD. Look for my transmission code thread!

OP
OP
AlphaCT

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I hear about TCM communication issues all the time. Usually they are a momentary code.

I also hear about backorder on a LOT of parts for the newer Gen 4 trucks. I guess everything they have on hand is allocated to production, not spares, at this point.

Good luck.

Thanks MADDOG.

jpsfj60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 HD
Engine
If you pull over and restart your truck it will not be in limp mode anymore. IF
it goes back into limp mode after that then good luck finding a good tech to fix
this problem!

OP
OP
AlphaCT

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
If you pull over and restart your truck it will not be in limp mode anymore. IF
it goes back into limp mode after that then good luck finding a good tech to fix
this problem!

jpsfj60 - just read your thread. What a nightmare! When I turned off the truck and restarted it the truck went back to limp mode. The dealer says they replaced the TCM with a demo one they had at the dealership and it fixed the issue (so they say) the new TCM is backordered, However I am going to go to the dealership today with your thread and bring it to their attention. Thanks for the the info brother. I'll update when I have more info

OP
OP
AlphaCT

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
UPDATE: I have had my truck back since Friday 11/18 with no issues. From the Code P0750 they found loss solenoid circuit and found transmission valve failed. They replaced with new valve body assembly, new filters and fluid and so far, so good! Feels great to be back in my truck!

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
My good friend had a 2015 Cummins 2500 and he had the same problem. The TCM had to be replaced at about 15-20,000 miles. He was not happy. But that seemed to fix that problem.