Tire recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
BBH- I’m buying new wheels with +18 offset and my 1 ton is stock. They should fit fine. Many others on the net are using the same tire setup.

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
BBH- I’m buying new wheels with +18 offset and my 1 ton is stock. They should fit fine. Many others on the net are using the same tire setup.

Would they not work on the stock wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBlackHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Mine is a 1500. Not sure how they’d fit.

HS-LD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
If we were not forced to run 80 psi empty the tires would probably last longer.

There's Chevy and Ford HD guys getting 80,000 miles out of the Firestones and other tires.

Dennsco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was considering the BFG AT KO2 for my PW but after doing some research found the same complaints about quick wear on 3/4ton truck. So I went with a new set of the Goodyear Duratracks and so far love them! Handling on the road is great, low noise level and they look awesome IMO.

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
I just put a set of nitto at3's and they seem to be pretty good so far and for the price point they are even better

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If we were not forced to run 80 psi empty the tires would probably last longer.

There's Chevy and Ford HD guys getting 80,000 miles out of the Firestones and other tires.
No, it makes no difference. It has to do with Firestone making a cheaper version of the same tire for ram, hence why you can get a brand new set of them off of tire rack or elsewhere and they'll last a lot longer.

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

rockbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT Sport 4X4 Reg Cab
Engine
I am looking at a set of Hercules Trail Diggers. 285/70/17 like new on stock rims as a winter set up..Any thoughts..Thanks

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No, it makes no difference. It has to do with Firestone making a cheaper version of the same tire for ram, hence why you can get a brand new set of them off of tire rack or elsewhere and they'll last a lot longer.

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

Yep - it blows my mind that a company would brand the same product but make it suck for OEM. I was never a Firestone fan before I bought my Ram. I'm definitely not one now.

At 30K when they were nearly bald I installed a Toyo 4 season (with snowflake sidewall rating and everything) and the performance has been outstanding. They really do great in all conditions. We get A LOT of rain where I live and we had a super harsh winter with snow and ice.

But, the wear isn't great. I'm at just over 30K miles and I'd be surprised to get another 10K. I believe they are rated for 50K so I'll be arguing for a prorated set once I hit the wear bars. I'm pretty sure I'll go with the same ones again, especially if I can get a deal on the next set. I think I paid about $1200 for the set which is pricey for sure but the performance really has been amazing in all conditions.

OP
OP
M

micsol84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone ran the cooper a/tw tires

treed522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Awesome thanks for the advice. Anyone know if a 295/70 18 or 305/70 18 will fit on a stock truck without a leveling kit

I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70 18 on factory rims and stock suspension with no rubbing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iron Outlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm running the Mickey Thompson atz p3. Looks almost identical to the cooper stmaxx except the center lugs are a little more aggressive. Cooper owns Mickey Thompson so they may be almost identical in construction. They have been great offroad and hauling. Have around 8000 miles on them and very little wear showing. Only negative is they are louder than I expected but the positive trade offs are worth it.

jtlp8335

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey all seeing as my POS firestone transforce tire are already wore out at 14,000 mi. I need some recommendations for replacement. Here's what I'm looking for: I need something that's good in the snow and ice. I also need something that can handle mud, so I can get my camper in and out of hunting camp. And better tread life than 14000. I don't want a dedicated snow tire and I know I'll be sacrificing a little winter performance there. I thinking an all terrain or a hybrid like the Goodyear duratrac. And advice would be great

I just put on a set of Michelin LTX AT 2, stock size (275/70/18). I drive too many miles to upsize the tires (@ 30k/year). Also considered the Hankook Dynapro ATM, but went with the Michelins due to previous experience with their treadwear.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have not owned, but I hear good things from guys at work who run Michelin defenders. Wrangler folk that I know run falken with good results. One guy I work with runs Micky Thompson tires and raves about them. My neighbor has been using **** cepek fun country on his last three Ford 250s. Only tire he has run, multiple sets, on this and previous f250s.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi 2500
I have 35x12.5x17 Toyo R/T's on my truck, put them on at 48k and they still have plenty of life left at 113k and I've rotated them maybe three times. They're treadwear warrantied for 45k. Switching back to Nitto Trail Grapplers once these wear out just because I was able to get a set cheap, but I liked them just as well. Nitto/Toyo are the way to go for truck tires imo.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just put on a set of Michelin LTX AT 2, stock size (275/70/18). I drive too many miles to upsize the tires (@ 30k/year). Also considered the Hankook Dynapro ATM, but went with the Michelins due to previous experience with their treadwear.

Those things wear like iron. Just wish they made them in a more aggressive tread pattern.

Merives

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4. 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know this is an old thread but look into Procomp At 60K those who drive lots of miles, or try the MT2 aggressive mud tire with 40k warranty...no one less will give you a mileage on mud tires..I've ran both a love them..

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have the Michelin AT/X tires mounted on my truck. I do not think I will get them again. They cannot seem to get balanced. I have about 23,000 miles on them, and they are wearing fine, but they have a shake somewhere between 60 - 80 mph every time they are rotated and balanced. I have had them re-balanced several times between rotations. The vibration is always at a different speed whenever I get them balanced.

I purchased them at Discount Tire, and had a shake/vibration since I got them. I went back to the shop to tell them about the issue, and the shop offered to balance them again. They still had a shake when driving down the highway. I went back and mentioned they still shook.

The shop said I might have a bent rim (steel wheels). I pointed out to them the wheels never had any vibrations with the factory Transforce tires. So, if a wheel was bent they did the damage. They offered to rebalance them. Still has a vibration. They said I might have a bad axle. So I went to my dealership, axle was fine.

They sold me some bad tires I think.

My next set will be Toyo Open Country. Their all terrain model. My good friend has them on his 2500 Duramax. He uses his truck much harder than he should, and tows for about 1/2 his miles driven. He has 27,000 on those tires and still has 60% of the tread remaining.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was looking at the Yokohama Geolander AT GO15. 50k warranty and many on here say they ride nice and also quiet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr