Tire recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Never had those on an HD, but they wore like iron on my old 1998 Ram 1/2-ton. 35,000 miles and they still had about 50% tread, or more.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have the Michelin AT/X tires mounted on my truck. I do not think I will get them again. They cannot seem to get balanced. I have about 23,000 miles on them, and they are wearing fine, but they have a shake somewhere between 60 - 80 mph every time they are rotated and balanced. I have had them re-balanced several times between rotations. The vibration is always at a different speed whenever I get them balanced.

I purchased them at Discount Tire, and had a shake/vibration since I got them. I went back to the shop to tell them about the issue, and the shop offered to balance them again. They still had a shake when driving down the highway. I went back and mentioned they still shook.

The shop said I might have a bent rim (steel wheels). I pointed out to them the wheels never had any vibrations with the factory Transforce tires. So, if a wheel was bent they did the damage. They offered to rebalance them. Still has a vibration. They said I might have a bad axle. So I went to my dealership, axle was fine.

They sold me some bad tires I think.

My next set will be Toyo Open Country. Their all terrain model. My good friend has them on his 2500 Duramax. He uses his truck much harder than he should, and tows for about 1/2 his miles driven. He has 27,000 on those tires and still has 60% of the tread remaining.
Try the Eagan Discount Tire they were able to balance my KO2’s when others couldn’t.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Try the Eagan Discount Tire they were able to balance my KO2’s when others couldn’t.

Thanks. I’ll give them a try in 5,000 miles.