tpms malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulling the camper home from the beach, about 2 hours into a 4 hour drive, the TPMS suddenly started blinking, then stayed on continuously. Looking at the manual, this indicates a malfunction in the system. Is there a way to reset this, or do I need to schedule a trip to the dealer for warranty work?

The Tow was fantastic BTW!

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I would start by checking the pressure in all the tires first

OP
OP
ronheater70

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All tires measured fine. 80 in rear 72 in front. It was not giving me a warning when I go to the tpms screen. Dealer upped pressure in rear tires to 80 2 weeks ago when I had an oil change done. Since I knew I was towing my camper this weekend I just left it with the intention of dropping them back down to 65 all around.

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
You might want to check the spare. I can't remember if the Ram has a TPMS sensor in them, but I've had other cars that did.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So there's no indication on the EVIC which sensor has failed?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had a sensor fail once at it's pretty much like you describe... a couple flashes on the dash then the light is on continuously. If it's under warranty the dealer should have replacements. If not, any tire shop should be able to swap it out.... assuming that's what the problem is.

OP
OP
ronheater70

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So there's no indication on the EVIC which sensor has failed?

No, it has readings for all 4 tires..The light went out tonight.. temps cooled town, tires cooled down, pressure dropped a smidgeon, maybe that had something to do with it?

Obxram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Google
Engine
5.7 hemi
What have you plugged into your 12v outlets In your truck? Phone chargers?

Some cheap chargers have caused interference with tpms sensors. How do I know well took 5 trips to dealer and dealing with bbb to find out.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The sensors are wireless and as such can get interference from damn near anything. Let us know what it turns out to be- ^ as started above - Yes a ****** cell phone charger could do it-

OP
OP
ronheater70

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Light still out, so all is functioning normally I suppose at this point.

Interesting take on interference and not something I would have thought of, but it makes sense. I was travelling with my wife, 2 daughters and mother in law, so I figure there were probably at least 2 chargers plugged in, but they were plugged in on the way down then and had no issues? Doesnt mean it couldn't though, and I can assure you they are cheap chargers, after the third time of losing Apple chargers, they come from the dollar tree now! L